LV Horizon 55 Suitcase Reveal - 35 pics! Comparisons to Pegase 45 / Samsonite and stacked with ICare

Hope you are recovering well from your surgery! The luggage is beautiful! I always love seeing people's LV luggage when I'm traveling somewhere.
I always admire it on the luggage cart or carousel. :biggrin:

Omg, when I see LV on a carousel I want to grab it and protect it, lol! I have never ever checked my luggage... they'll have to to take it from my cold, dead hands. [emoji23][emoji119][emoji162]

Sorry to bring up old posts - BUT I'm having the HARDEST time deciding between the Pegase 55 and the Horizon 55 and your unboxing is STELLAR and super informative! Do you have any updates on how you liked the Horizon compared to the Pegase? I travel a lot, I'm not really worried about "scratches" and what not, but I actually love the structure and classic look of the Pegase, but am so used to 4 wheels and the ease of travel with them. Did you get used to the handle quickly? Thank you :smile:

Reactions: karylicious
Sorry to bring up old posts - BUT I'm having the HARDEST time deciding between the Pegase 55 and the Horizon 55 and your unboxing is STELLAR and super informative! Do you have any updates on how you liked the Horizon compared to the Pegase? I travel a lot, I'm not really worried about "scratches" and what not, but I actually love the structure and classic look of the Pegase, but am so used to 4 wheels and the ease of travel with them. Did you get used to the handle quickly? Thank you :smile:

I’ve also been debating between the Horizon 55 and the Rimowa original Cabin or Cabin Plus Aluminium case. I know LV’s Horizon is canvas coated Polycarbonate and it’s a hard sell for me at $3250 plus tax. But it still looks to be well made and durable. Would love a 2 year update as well. Hard to find durability updates online vs other brands of luggage.

Reactions: Jayfo

I’ve also been debating between the Horizon 55 and the Rimowa original Cabin or Cabin Plus Aluminium case. I know LV’s Horizon is canvas coated Polycarbonate and it’s a hard sell for me at $3250 plus tax. But it still looks to be well made and durable. Would love a 2 year update as well. Hard to find durability updates online vs other brands of luggage.

I am so glad someone asked before buying... I would HIGHLY suggest against the Horizon! Don't get me wrong, it's stunning. It's light and glides like you've never seen. You can also fit the entire world in it. But you guys... it damages SO QUICKLY. I mean the very first time I used it as a carry-on I was super mega careful, i didn't check it, I was in first class and no other bags touched it... and it ended up with scratches all over the metal. Also, the canvas gets marks on it so very badly just by any pressure at all. I have a Pegase 45 that has held up amazingly for over 10 years and I was in shock of the fragility of the Horizon. I carried it twice and could not stomach the wear and tear. I sold it to someone and hopefully they are happy with it. Some people might disagree and that is totally fine, but this is my experience with the Horizon. I cannot stress enough that I believe that the Pegase is a much much better choice. TBH the Rimowa looks like the best choice honestly, lol!
Good Luck no matter what you choose.
Stay Safe
xo

I am so glad someone asked before buying... I would HIGHLY suggest against the Horizon! Don't get me wrong, it's stunning. It's light and glides like you've never seen. You can also fit the entire world in it. But you guys... it damages SO QUICKLY. I mean the very first time I used it as a carry-on I was super mega careful, i didn't check it, I was in first class and no other bags touched it... and it ended up with scratches all over the metal. Also, the canvas gets marks on it so very badly just by any pressure at all. I have a Pegase 45 that has held up amazingly for over 10 years and I was in shock of the fragility of the Horizon. I carried it twice and could not stomach the wear and tear. I sold it to someone and hopefully they are happy with it. Some people might disagree and that is totally fine, but this is my experience with the Horizon. I cannot stress enough that I believe that the Pegase is a much much better choice. TBH the Rimowa looks like the best choice honestly, lol!
Stay Safe
xo
Thanks so much for the update. I ended up getting the Rimowa Hybrid Aluminum/Polycarbonate and couldn’t be any happier. The aluminum edges tend to scratch, but at $750, in totally fine with it!

Stay Safe
xo
Whoa. I am SO happy I read your advice. I am waiting for a horizon, was very excited, but if it doesn't hold up, what's the point. I'm on hold now to cancel the order....hopefully not too late as it is in the 'preparation' stage. Will look into the Pegase. I sure do like the idea of the cane not taking up room on the inside but your description of wear/tear is too much.

Whoa. I am SO happy I read your advice. I am waiting for a horizon, was very excited, but if it doesn't hold up, what's the point. I'm on hold now to cancel the order....hopefully not too late as it is in the 'preparation' stage. Will look into the Pegase. I sure do like the idea of the cane not taking up room on the inside but your description of wear/tear is too much.
I tried to cancel the order but I was too late. Now my fear is loving it once it arrives. I told the young lady on the phone, maybe I should just return it without opening the box. She giggled and said, "But the return label is in the box." Oh Pooh! I am a weak soul, I know I'm going to love the look, just hope my elder brain kicks in, grabs the label, slap it on the box, and ship it back. Wish me luck, ladies.

I tried to cancel the order but I was too late. Now my fear is loving it once it arrives. I told the young lady on the phone, maybe I should just return it without opening the box. She giggled and said, "But the return label is in the box." Oh Pooh! I am a weak soul, I know I'm going to love the look, just hope my elder brain kicks in, grabs the label, slap it on the box, and ship it back. Wish me luck, ladies.

Ha! Trust me... you WILL love it. It's so sleek and fits everything. It's literally a work of art. But I am telling you honey, it's so fragile, wheeeeeew! I hope you have a private plane and can sit it in a leather seat next to you. Let me know how it turns out! Cheers!

Reactions: Abba13 and mrs.JC