LV Horizon 55 Suitcase Reveal - 35 pics! Comparisons to Pegase 45 / Samsonite and stacked with ICare

Congratulations! I can see how happy you're [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]. Thank you for sharing so many nice pictures as usual. Can I ask if you're going to send the suitcase as checked luggage when flying?

Reactions: LVorDie
Congratulations! I can see how happy you're [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]. Thank you for sharing so many nice pictures as usual. Can I ask if you're going to send the suitcase as checked luggage when flying?

Thank you! The answer to your question is Never, Ever, ever, Never, ever, ever! Lol! I will always carry it on. Because I fly Virgin and American almost exclusively, I am Gold/Platinum so I usually and thankfully board first which usually guarantees me space if I happen to be flying coach. I have never had to gate-check it, but I will carry the cover and use it if I need to. This is pretty dramatic, but I am also going to make a little cover for the vachetta handle that is exposed just in case I ever have to (god-forbid) gate check it because of lack of cabin bin space. I never had to check my Pegase in over 5 years, so lets hope I get that lucky for the next 5 years!

Congrats - it's lovely!

I actually love that Samsonite and am off to look for one...

I use that bag for work trips when we all travel as a team because it's our company color! It's an awesome bag that looks and works great. There's a full line of sizes... we got them at Kohl's.

Thanks for posting all these beautiful pictures of the Horizon. I'm looking into getting a nice piece of luggage and it looks like I just missed the boat on the Zephyr and at this stage in the game, I just can't bring myself to buy luggage that doesn't have 4 wheels so I've been considering the Horizon. I wasn't completely sold on the handle (I think the handle's width takes some getting used to). I'd love to hear how it wears. Enjoy your future travels.

Thanks for posting all these beautiful pictures of the Horizon. I'm looking into getting a nice piece of luggage and it looks like I just missed the boat on the Zephyr and at this stage in the game, I just can't bring myself to buy luggage that doesn't have 4 wheels so I've been considering the Horizon. I wasn't completely sold on the handle (I think the handle's width takes some getting used to). I'd love to hear how it wears. Enjoy your future travels.

I'm so glad you like the pics, you are so very welcome. I stalked the web forever for pics and couldn't find detailed images anywhere. I knew that when I got mine I had to share the deets with y'all!

A day after I got it, I had sinus surgery and can't fly for 6 weeks! Grrrrrr... I will update you all when she's packed and on her way somewhere exciting [emoji574]️
Cheers!

Thanks for all the pictures I've been eyeing carry-on bags for a while. I was ogling rowinda for a while. But I really like the design of the handle on this newer style. I like that it doesn't take up interior space because it's on the frame. And it might possibly make the frame and bit more sturdy because it helps reinforce the shape. Let us know how it handles it's first trip.

Hope you are recovering well from your surgery! The luggage is beautiful! I always love seeing people's LV luggage when I'm traveling somewhere.
I always admire it on the luggage cart or carousel. :biggrin: