LV help

I had the 25 but exchanged it for the 30. I measured both, the 25 is actually 28 cm long and the 30 is 33 cm long. So the 25 in the epi line is slightly bigger than the ones in the monogram line, so you can think of it as being "in between" a 25 and a 30.

I chose the 30 because I felt the proportions looked a bit better when I'm wearing say a long coat and heels. I don't think it's too big at all, but many people feel the 25 is more appropriate as a purse.

I went to the LV store last night, just to test the epi speedy out, and I'm still torn. I just worry that if I get the 30, with all the junk that I carry everyday, the leather will sag too much. But then again, I'm not quite sure if the 25 will fit everything I carry.

I have to carry these things everyday: My LV organizer, a book (whatever I am reading), Blackberry, cell phone, keys, and small umbrella.

Occassionally, I will carry: lunch....when I do bring lunch to work, I really hate carrying another bag.

Hmmm....maybe I should go with the 30 right?

I didn't really think the Epi sagged that much, considering how it's made? I dunno, never tried one on, so I'm just guessing.

I'd go with the 30, but you have to think about what size looks best for you...

SuLi said:
I went to the LV store last night, just to test the epi speedy out, and I'm still torn. I just worry that if I get the 30, with all the junk that I carry everyday, the leather will sag too much. But then again, I'm not quite sure if the 25 will fit everything I carry.

I have to carry these things everyday: My LV organizer, a book (whatever I am reading), Blackberry, cell phone, keys, and small umbrella.

Occassionally, I will carry: lunch....when I do bring lunch to work, I really hate carrying another bag.

Hmmm....maybe I should go with the 30 right?

I think you should go with the 30, since you carry an umbrella, book, etc. You probably wouldn't want to have all your stuff crammed in the 25 and have trouble getting something out of it, or finding your keys.

I am going to look a the Epi speedy (both sizes) today. I've got a hair appointment today, and there is an LV boutique in Saks, which is on my way to the salon. I want to see it in the Mandarin color, or the red :love:

I don't think the Epi would sagged that much either, but I always thought that the smaller one is cuter than the bigger one. The big ones always look like a travelling purse rather than a regular one. I don't know, just a thought =)

BagLovingMom said:
Judging from all that you carry--lunch? I don't think Speedy is the best style for you, but if you're convinced I think you best go with the 30.

I'm totally the queen of cramming things into bags, but neatly. I eat really small lunches...Lean Cuisines - otherwise known as eating cardboard. :lol:

But anyway, I have so many huge bags that I want something a bit smaller and structured. Still pondering away.

I love my speedy 30 (in classic monogram though).. The 25 is too small for my everyday needs (although I LOVE it and will probably get one in Epi before the year is over). In the 30 I can fit everything I want, I absolutely adore it.

SuLi said:
I'm totally the queen of cramming things into bags, but neatly. I eat really small lunches...Lean Cuisines - otherwise known as eating cardboard. :lol:

But anyway, I have so many huge bags that I want something a bit smaller and structured. Still pondering away.

Ahhh I see! If you're looking for small and structured, 25 then. They are lovely bags, I know it's hard to choose, but let us know!

Something to keep in mind, the Epi speedy is heavier than the Monogram ones. So if you put a lot of stuff in it, I don't know if it'll be as comfortable for you to carry the 30.

On the flip side, one of the reasons I traded in the 25 was the zipper. On the Epi (because it's stiffer material, I guess), the zipper doesn't open very wide.

Also, don't worry too much about the sag. As I said, the stiffness of the leather helps, plus the Epi Speedy has that extra strip of reinforcing leather across the bottom that the vintage Monograms used to have. And you can always use the cardboard trick.

I would say definitly a speedy 30......especially when you want to buy the epi version!
with monogram the 25 looks better but with the epi.....OBVIOUSLY the 30.....IMO of course.