LV heatstamping...disappointing.

PurseFanatic said:
Ok first off I was very excited about having my LV heatstamped. I was curious as to how they would keep track of my bag, I had used it a couple of times, I thought of it as "mine."

So I took my Speedy 40 to the boutique. They called a few days later that it was ready and I was soooooo excited. When I got home I took it out of the bag and realized that not only was it not my bag, they had given me a brand new one, (how I knew, I had accidentally gotten a penmark on one of the leather tabs, but you had to look for it to find it.) and the initials are crooked.

Now I know some of you would be thrilled to have a new one, and I guess I kinda am, but I didn't like the fact that they just switched them on me.

I am going to call tomorrow and see about getting a new bag with the initals that are not crooked, or do you guys think the crooked initals are ok? It bothers me for some reason.

Sorry for the pic, I took about 30 but I couldn't get a perfect one that close up.

lvpersonalization.jpg

lv2.jpg

Go back to the store and get a manager!

That is a crooked letter... me no likey! :rant:

Crooked letters would TOTALLY bug me! In fact, it would bug me to the point where I would be constantly thinking and obsessing about it until I fixed the problem! (I looked through 6 new speedies before I finally got what I wanted I had to exchange TWICE in the process for flaws such as the point of one leaf being slightly split where it comes to a point, a noticably bigger than normal bump on the outside where the pocket is sewn on the inside, piping being uneven and sticking out in one area but being pushed in another, a plain beat up looking "new" one, and scratched handles!)

I sure hope they give you a new one!!!!

=P I am glad to know am an not the only one would would obsess over things like this. =D