LV heatstamping...disappointing.

wow i'm so sorry about your initials being off centered, but that doesn't bother me as much as them giving you a new bag (surprisingly) ! I would hate it if (first) they gave me a new bag cause I kinda like bond or something(that sounds weird) with my bags lol and just like the thrill of getting one and (second) a high end store like LV can't even center initials? What's up with that? Even on school projects I make sure things are centered. I hate how ppl rush just to get something done. and then mess it up.grr. i'm so sorry about your bag and I hope that everything works out for you!

You can choose several different colors to have stamped or no color at all, just the impression. It was a good range of colors and a few different fonts and sizes.

Heck my dad does heatstamping on leather for fun, he makes bible covers, He's never gotten initials crooked, he is a perfectionist, maybe I should have waited and let my daddy do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will NEVER again have anything heatstamped, unless it's a luggage tag. UGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean I'm going to use the bag no matter what. BUt I really want a new one.

And you dont sound silly at all, I was attached to my bag bc my boyfriends daughter had scratched the handle a little, she is a sweetie and I thought it was cute to have something on the bag to remember when she's grown, silly I know. But I do get attached to objects too. Which is why I have a storage unit full of my moms and grandparents stuff!!!

PurseFanatic said:
And you dont sound silly at all, I was attached to my bag bc my boyfriends daughter had scratched the handle a little, she is a sweetie and I thought it was cute to have something on the bag to remember when she's grown, silly I know. But I do get attached to objects too. Which is why I have a storage unit full of my moms and grandparents stuff!!!
I know what you mean. The zipper leaf tab of the 35 my BF got me is loose (like you can move the leaf left and right cause the button thing is not tight) and I have to send him in but most likely they're going to just give me another one. :cry: I will miss Speedy. BF said I could name him Speedy Jr but it isn't the same. The leaf pull tab did bother me enough to exchange it for another. If it didn't, I would keep him definitely. Argh.

Good luck! I hope you get a new bag. I can't believe that they would give you a different bag back, and I really am shocked that they would screw up the heat stamping on a bag worth $600+. I expect much much better from LV and don't blame you for being mad. That is totally unacceptable.

Sorry to hear about the issues with the heat stamping and wrong bag. All the issues members seem to be having i've second guessed sending my speedy in. Although i could end up with a new bag * :yahoo:* I love my bag and would freak out :crybaby: if it got messed up.

I think i'll get a luggage tag and and stamp it.