LV heatstamping...disappointing.

Bag Fetish said:
Great idea, but would people not think your speedy is fake with a luggage tag attached?
Isnt that something that you see with most fake bags?

I wouldn't worry about people thinking it is fake - I've just seen luggage tags with fake MC Speedys. Also, someone with enough knowledge to pick up on the fake/luggage tag connection will know enough to discern that her bag is authentic. A small luggage tag (like one used on a Deauville) would be ideal.

You make a valid point.

ColtsFan86 said:
I wouldn't worry about people thinking it is fake - I've just seen luggage tags with fake MC Speedys. Also, someone with enough knowledge to pick up on the fake/luggage tag connection will know enough to discern that her bag is authentic. A small luggage tag (like one used on a Deauville) would be ideal.

They look crooked, and my honest opinion is that the bag looks better w/out the heat stamp on that location. I thought it'd be somewhere pretty more discrete, but the initials are pretty big. Ask them to change it and if you ever chage your mind about the heatstamping itself, you can always confront them that they had the bag switched w/out telling you. I'd be upset if they did a switcharoo on me.

Oh no, that's not good !! I hope things get resolved.. I'm going to get my brother's wallet heat stamped this weekend, if I have a horror story too I'll definitely add it to the list !

I'm sorry....you should definitely take it back and a) find out why it's a different bag, and b) ask why it came out so crooked. Let us know what happens. Good luck!

Sorry you're having to go through this. I would definitely say take it back. If you paid that much for your bag especially for an LV, you should only expect perfection. Let us know what they say when you talk to them!

Well I talked to my SA this morning and she told me to bring it in and speak to the assistant manager this afternoon, she'll be in later.
She completely understood. She said the Asst. manager is kind of difficult to read. Sometimes she is super nice and sometimes she doesn't do anything for you. (Great!)

But if they will work with me I will try to have another one done, or at least exchange it for a new one and just not do anything to the new one!

I'll update you guys later today. Thanks for all the suggestions. Oh and I asked about the luggage tags, apparantly they only sell when then have extra ones and right now they don't have any. HMMMM... I may ask the asst manager about that too, if I could get it done on that it would look better.

Wow, LV has really been disappointing me lately. This is just another example! I'm so sorry about your heatstamping mishap! I would definitely take it back and have them give you a new bag.

Well I took it back and as the assistant manager walked out I introduced myself and shook her hand. I told her I was a client of So and so associate and then I explained everything to her.

She was FURIOUS that I didn't get my original bag back, she said the stampers use a machine, and that they have explicit instructions to call LV if there are ANY problems whatsoever. So she is calling about that. Also she said that she rarely sees perfect stamping, she said they are usually a little crooked. She said funny enough that since they quit heatstamping by hand it is rare she sees a perfect heatstamp.

The luggage tags are $47 and she ordered one for me, no stamping!!!!

But they are getting ready for their yearly inventory, so she is calling the district manager but warned me that it may be 3 days to one week to hear back from him. She said the main problem is that I signed for the bag when I picked it up. I firmly told her "Look you guys were swamped and I was running errands and ran in and out. The SA asked me if my initials were A, L and I said yes, she threw it in the dustbag and that was that."

Besides, no where on the form does it say I am satisfied with the stamping, it just says "picked up by:"

She is going to try and get me a new bag with new stamping but told me not to hold my breath. She also said though that they may consider not doing stamping anymore (at my boutique) because lately it had been nothing but a problem for them, and complaints.

She asked me to not use the bag until I hear back from her. (common sense, hello!)

So I will see in about a week. Keep your fingers crossed for me.