LV handbags - fake or authentic?

Kat

Dec 13, 2005
I just got around to pulling out my stash of handbags to post pics. After taking a look at them collectively, I am having doubts now as to the authenticity of some of them. There are inconsistencies among the bags. Does anyone know what the inside of the bags should look like as far as the logo, tags, lining, ect.? Any light you guys can shed on this would be greatly appreciated. :sad2:

My cousin sent me an email with these pics asking me if I thought this speedy 30 was real. What do you guys think? I asked for pics of the Lv label on the side, but she couldn't take a clear picture of it. She said the "o"s looked very round (which I know is a often a giveaway on fakes). It also has a serial number under the inside pocket, which doesn't show in the pics either. The studs all say Louis Vuitton and the lock has the correct markings. What's your opinion?

LV5.jpg

LV6.jpg

LV3.jpg

LV4.jpg

LV2.jpg

LV.jpg

Thanks for helping, I really want to help her out!! I know there are many experts here :love:

I have the bag, I bought it from the LV store and can tell you 100% the picture you posted is FAKE. Trust me, if you want the real thing buy it only at a LV store or a department store like Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales etc.

Bella said:
I have the bag, I bought it from the LV store and can tell you 100% the picture you posted is FAKE. Trust me, if you want the real thing buy it only at a LV store or a department store like Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales etc.

I will forward this to my cousin. She got it as a Christmas gift and didn't want to ask if it was real straight out. Aww, I think she'll be upset, but it's better to know the truth.
What tells you the bag is fake btw? I really want to know more on how to spot a fake. Is it the way the monogram canvas look?

I have the same issue in Seller's watch??? I didn't know where too put it, If someone knows LV's please tell me if my gift is Authentic, becuase to me, they all look the same! Well I know some small points, but you guys are so good at the details!

I have the bag as well, and I agree it does look fake. What I am looking at are the leather tabs at the end and the lock. The finally test is really feeling it though, the (empty) Speedy is really light, authentic monogram canvas is very lightweight as is the vachetta. All of the fakes I've seen feel heavy and material slightly "coarse". If you haven't already definitely go to the store and check them out! Good luck!!

Some of the multicolor fakes have the coloring way off. You can always tell it is a fake by looking at the color of an "LV" and then looking at the "star (4-point design thing)" on the above right of the LV. If they are the same color, it is an obvious fake. This is a very common thing on fakes.