LV gift for a guy

cvlshopaholic

Apr 26, 2012
The boyfriend and I have our 1 year anniversary coming up this week and I've been wracking my brain thinking of what to get him. I honestly couldn't think of anything really meaningful and he hasn't dropped any hints. I was thinking about things he has already that could use replacing and I realized his wallet is a damn mess, to put it lightly, lol. I went ahead and purchased the Epi Billfold in black and got his initials stamped inside.

He's not into luxury items but I thought this would be a nice gesture anyway, and of course something he'll get great use out of and maybe think of me occasionally with. What do you guys think? Are there any of you out there with low-maintenance guys that you've splurged on LV for? I know it's hard without knowing someone, but in general, do you think the average man would be happy with something like this? I'm just so nervous he'll be bummed or something!

Attachments

• lv wallet 1.png
    lv wallet 1.png
    172.1 KB · Views: 266
  • lv wallet 2.png
    lv wallet 2.png
    203.1 KB · Views: 259
i think its a great wallet. I got my BF a few LV items over the past year, mostly small SLG items, but he eventually switched from a roots bifold wallet to an LV pocket organizer and now is using my long international wallet. I also got him a cig case which he sometimes uses (not enough though IMO bc hes too lazy to put his cigs in it!). but i think your BF will love and enjy this wallet....great way to slowly get him into LV....if hes anything like my BF, once he gets a taste....he wants more and more !!! my BF now wants a weekend bag (like the beaubourg weekender!! LOL)

He will definitely love it! It's very subtle, since it only has one LV logo (which is not very notable). And the quality is amazing! =)

Last edited:
cvlshopaholic said:
The boyfriend and I have our 1 year anniversary coming up this week and I've been wracking my brain thinking of what to get him. I honestly couldn't think of anything really meaningful and he hasn't dropped any hints. I was thinking about things he has already that could use replacing and I realized his wallet is a damn mess, to put it lightly, lol. I went ahead and purchased the Epi Billfold in black and got his initials stamped inside.

He's not into luxury items but I thought this would be a nice gesture anyway, and of course something he'll get great use out of and maybe think of me occasionally with. What do you guys think? Are there any of you out there with low-maintenance guys that you've splurged on LV for? I know it's hard without knowing someone, but in general, do you think the average man would be happy with something like this? I'm just so nervous he'll be bummed or something!

I think that's a great gift. It's a) something he needs (because his wallet is a mess), b) it's personal (you added his initials) and c) it's a luxury item he obviously wouldn't have bought himself. Sounds perfect to me!

It's gorgeous! But I know where you're coming from. My hubs is not into luxury items and doesn't see why anybody would want to spend $1000 on a wallet when you can have one for $10 at Walmart...sigh. I love the personalization and how classy it looks. I truly think he'll recognize your thoughtful gesture.

Thanks so much everybody! I'm feeling better about it, I'll post an update later in the week on his reaction :smile:

It's gorgeous! But I know where you're coming from. My hubs is not into luxury items and doesn't see why anybody would want to spend $1000 on a wallet when you can have one for $10 at Walmart...sigh. I love the personalization and how classy it looks. I truly think he'll recognize your thoughtful gesture.

Thank you, this is my guy too! My purchases baffle him lol. I know he'd never spend this much on a wallet for himself but I think since it's a gift he might be able to really appreciate it.