LV Gift Box Question

warden2

O.G.
Sep 13, 2009
Ok, so I have received two bags this year that have come in a folded, thin LV box and not the oh so nice gift boxes that have the removable lid and I'm ticked off!:censor: I ask my SA to put it in a gift box (since I'm already paying 20 to ship it when I should be able to walk into my local store and pick out what I want!!!!) and this is what they send. I called the 1866 number and they said that this is what they have started shipping big bags in because its less space (and I'm sure cheaper). They said that the smaller pieces that they can fold/stuff (Speedy, wallets, etc.) are still coming in the more durable boxes because they are smaller. So my question is: Has anyone ordered a big bag and received a gift box and should I take the box back to my local LV store (even though I didn't order it there) and see if I can get a gift box? Thanks!

I've always gotten a box that accommodates the size of whatever it was that I purchased. Those boxes with the removable lid are much smaller so the when I get a clutch or something it's always been in a box like that. For bigger bags like my alma mm and palermo gm they've come in the bigger box. To be honest I really never thought anything of it. Which bag did you buy? If you think it would fit in one of the other gift boxes I would just go into the store and ask for one.

ETA: By "bigger box" I mean the one that doesn't have the removable lid, you just lift it up.

I always get the thinner folded box with my bags. Several years ago when I was buying smaller bags, I did get the box w/lid, but never with my larger bags.

I think the thin boxes are still gift box. They are for larger items. They do not have large size thick box. Same as others All my bigger bag come in that thin box.

I've only ever gotten the thick durable boxes, but I think it might be worth a shot to take it to your boutique and ask your SA for the kind you want. I store everything in boxes so I know how you feel :smile:

Thanks for all of the answers...Seems like most have gotten the thinner boxes for larger purchases so I'm satisfied with that. I just wanted to make sure since I'm paying extra for shipping on every order since I can't get ANYTHING online or in my local store. I thought it was a money saving thing when I received that flimsy box.

My larger pieces, like my latest Vernis Alma MM, have always come in the larger plastic boxes with a flap lid. I've received the heavier 2-pc cardboard boxes for scarves, SLGs, etc.