LV General Shopping/Shopping in Greece Question!

May 24, 2017
Hi everyone!

I am planning on purchasing my first Louis Vuitton bag (yay!) this summer while traveling in Greece to take advantage of the VAT refund and have some questions about shopping at LV in general and specifically in Europe. The bag is the Neverfull MM in Damier Ebene. Should I assume that they will have it in stock when I go, or is there a way to put one on hold/check if they have it in advance? Also, I will have the opportunity to go to either the Athens or Mykonos store, has anyone been to either of these and/or know if one is better than the other? And last question- I would like to get it heat stamped but won't be in either spot for more than one day, so am I able to get that done when I return to the US? Thanks in advance for the help!! :smile:

KM7029

Speedy Addict
Feb 7, 2012
I can't help in regards to availability, but yes they will heat stamp it for you in your home country. My husband purchased a bag for me on a work trip to Europe and I had no problems getting it heat stamped in the USA.

Hope you have a great trip!

CanPan

Jan 4, 2014
Washington D.C.
I am planning on doing the exact same thing but since my cruise ship leaves from Venice I am going to stop there first. If they don't have what I want I will keep my fingers crossed that it's available in Greece. Our ship goes to both places you named and honestly I wasn't even sure if there was a LV store in either of them so good to know that there is.

I am also taking advantage of the huge price difference and ordering a mon monogram on June 1st to be picked up in Venice so I'm hoping it's ready by July 22nd.

KM7029

Speedy Addict
Feb 7, 2012
Forgot to add, I had a relative pick up a Damier Ebene Neverfull MM for me on a recent trip to Germany. With VAT refund I paid 31% less than I would have paid if I purchased it in the USA with my state's sales tax.

May 24, 2017
Forgot to add, I had a relative pick up a Damier Ebene Neverfull MM for me on a recent trip to Germany. With VAT refund I paid 31% less than I would have paid if I purchased it in the USA with my state's sales tax.
I can't help in regards to availability, but yes they will heat stamp it for you in your home country. My husband purchased a bag for me on a work trip to Europe and I had no problems getting it heat stamped in the USA.

Hope you have a great trip!
Okay great! Thank you for the help :smile: and those are crazy savings you got vs the US price!!

Reactions: KM7029
May 24, 2017
I am planning on doing the exact same thing but since my cruise ship leaves from Venice I am going to stop there first. If they don't have what I want I will keep my fingers crossed that it's available in Greece. Our ship goes to both places you named and honestly I wasn't even sure if there was a LV store in either of them so good to know that there is.

I am also taking advantage of the huge price difference and ordering a mon monogram on June 1st to be picked up in Venice so I'm hoping it's ready by July 22nd.
Yes, there's a boutique in both! Not sure how big/well stocked either is and there's no LV website for Greece though so I might try to contact them to see if they'll have the bag I want.