LV FW22 Collections

Im not familiar with the nomade leather. Can someone of you explain it? Looks very smooth, is it very delicate with scratches? And developing patina like vachetta?
Thanks in advance :flowers:
From what I understand, it is a very smooth finish cowhide that is similar to the untreated vachetta that LV currently uses. However, it differs in that it undergoes additional tanning treatments with natural vegetable dyes. This process creates an even tanned colour that makes the leather more durable without losing the feeling of luxury. Still not as supple as lamb skin though. The durability makes it ideal for use in everyday carry bags as it can hide minor scratches better. It can still develop a patina over time but it should a more even darkening than the untreated version. LV stopped producing their nomade line about a decade ago. I am really looking forward to their new releases!

Last edited:
Im not familiar with the nomade leather. Can someone of you explain it? Looks very smooth, is it very delicate with scratches? And developing patina like vachetta?
Thanks in advance :flowers:

My first LV (bought from store in 2014) has extensive nomade leather trimming (long strap, all the way around the bag near the bottom and the entire bottom). It has held up well in my opinion (although I don’t use it every day since I rotate regularly). It is soft and tough probably similar to glove-tanned leather. I attached a close-up picture (taken a few inches away) of a minor scratch — it’s not very noticeable IMO. There is some light wrinkling of the strap similar to what would happen to a vachetta strap. Overall, I love this leather and wish they would use it on more bags. Hope this helps.

F5806A57-B17B-4F03-B3B3-39B8C734C77C.jpeg

My CA texted me today that she could order the FW22 orange flower charm for me. The price is higher than projected! (The exchange rate is not this bad). However, by the time she entered in my info it was out of stock. I’m sure it will become available again, but not sure I love it enough for almost $900 USD after tax since there is no zip & it cannot hold anything. Very cute though.

Attachments

• D5F4FC67-B19B-46A4-9FF5-D9D393B7C084.png
    D5F4FC67-B19B-46A4-9FF5-D9D393B7C084.png
    460.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 3C1F637A-81BD-4F71-809C-5C65A65366A0.jpeg
    3C1F637A-81BD-4F71-809C-5C65A65366A0.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 172
From what I understand, it is a very smooth finish cowhide that is similar to the untreated vachetta that LV currently uses. However, it differs in that it undergoes additional tanning treatments with natural vegetable dyes. This process creates an even tanned colour that makes the leather more durable without losing the feeling of luxury. Still not as supple as lamb skin though. The durability makes it ideal for use in everyday carry bags as it can hide minor scratches better. It can still develop a patina over time but it should a more even darkening than the untreated version. LV stopped producing their nomade line about a decade ago. I am really looking forward to their new releases!
My first LV (bought from store in 2014) has extensive nomade leather trimming (long strap, all the way around the bag near the bottom and the entire bottom). It has held up well in my opinion (although I don’t use it every day since I rotate regularly). It is soft and tough probably similar to glove-tanned leather. I attached a close-up picture (taken a few inches away) of a minor scratch — it’s not very noticeable IMO. There is some light wrinkling of the strap similar to what would happen to a vachetta strap. Overall, I love this leather and wish they would use it on more bags. Hope this helps.

View attachment 5432790
Thank you both for taking time and answer the questions. Very helpful! :hbeat:
Cant wait to see the nomade in real life in store, sounds gorgeous:love: