LV French Purse

peace1029

Jul 20, 2010
i have a new lusting! :biggrin:
the french purse!!

in monogram

http://www.mystore.com/images/7737_images/prod_id_30368.jpg

or vernis

http://www.sellbrandhandbag.com/images/Louis Vuitton French Purse Monogram Vernis Purse BLQ.jpg

i LOVE a 'separated' coin compartment. meaning i don't have to open the purse in order to open the coin compartment. and i love the design of the purse. there's something about the tiny strap closure :smile:

but i remember reading somewhere that the kisslock and the gold button will fade to silver easily? :sad:

actually i would like it if it has more card slots. my current purse has 12, and it's still not enough for me! :P i have to put all the remaining cards in a coach pouch which is quite messy and inconvenient to search for.

SHOULD I....???

*pics are just for reference, from google.

CATEYES

Lovin My Sons & Dogs
Aug 1, 2011
Cali
Here's my experience: found a vernis French wallet in Rose Pop Pink of all colors! I was so elated b/c it was in new condition. The color was to die for (as most vernis colors are) but I saw whenever I opened it to take out my id's or money, it bent the outside bottom vernis repeatedly. It was starting to look like it may chip soon so back it went. Although lovely item, too delicate to actually get use out of. I wish it would have worked out...sniff ...sniff. But on to other items. There are plenty of other wallets by LV that are beautiful & useful. Look at the zippy...or Sarah

Let us know what you decide after all;)

peace1029

Jul 20, 2010
Here's my experience: found a vernis French wallet in Rose Pop Pink of all colors! I was so elated b/c it was in new condition. The color was to die for (as most vernis colors are) but I saw whenever I opened it to take out my id's or money, it bent the outside bottom vernis repeatedly. It was starting to look like it may chip soon so back it went. Although lovely item, too delicate to actually get use out of. I wish it would have worked out...sniff ...sniff. But on to other items. There are plenty of other wallets by LV that are beautiful & useful. Look at the zippy...or Sarah

Let us know what you decide after all;)
ahh. i understand how vernis is prone to 'cracking'.
how about the french purse if it's in monogram?

all the LV wallets look gorgeous honestly :P but i prefer a wallet without zip as it always gets to my nails/manicure somehow :sad: and i'd like an external coin compartment!

StarBrite310

Purse Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
L.A.
I have had the French Purse wallet in Mono since the spring of 2008. It has held up wonderfully! I adore this wallet so much. Very easy to use and I love that it fits in smaller bags as well. The kisslock has not chipped at all on mine and I think since I've bought it, I've switched wallets like twice. Nothing compares to the French Purse style for me. I highly recommend :smile:

CATEYES

Lovin My Sons & Dogs
Aug 1, 2011
Cali
Sounds like the monogram version holds up well:smile: I have other vernis pieces that have held up beautifully! Just this piece so far not good. You should go to an LV & check several out. Then post pix of course:smile:

peace1029

Jul 20, 2010
I have had the French Purse wallet in Mono since the spring of 2008. It has held up wonderfully! I adore this wallet so much. Very easy to use and I love that it fits in smaller bags as well. The kisslock has not chipped at all on mine and I think since I've bought it, I've switched wallets like twice. Nothing compares to the French Purse style for me. I highly recommend :smile:

thank you! u've given me much assurance!! hehe :smile:
oh i forgot to add, i love the size too!! not too long, and not the usual squarish shape! :smile:

looks like i'm need to find time to make it to my local boutique SOON.

now the next thing is, i'm in Singapore and it's so expensive here. have to look for friends who are going europe.. :smile:

peace1029

Jul 20, 2010
Sounds like the monogram version holds up well:smile: I have other vernis pieces that have held up beautifully! Just this piece so far not good. You should go to an LV & check several out. Then post pix of course:smile:

yepp sounds like it :smile: i feel like rushing down to the lv store now hahaha :biggrin:

19flowers

O.G.
Apr 25, 2008
USA
The French Purse is my favorite smaller LV wallet. I had one in monogram for several years -- no problems - no chipping on the kisslock or frame. I still have a Blanc Multicolore French Purse wallet - love it!!

likeadoll

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
You'll be fine with a Mono FP! I have one in Pomme and experienced the same issues as CATEYES.
My Amarante Sarah has held up much better than my FP.

peace1029

Jul 20, 2010
thanks dearies! i hope the gold button will hold up well!
heard that recently the quality isn't as good as before?

AttaGal

Aug 28, 2012
India
Hello All,

I saw a lady having the LV French purse in the monogram with Stephen Sprouse rose....but that's the first i have seen, did the monogram LV French purse come with the Sprouse roses? Has anyone else seen it as well?

Jul 3, 2006
Hello All,

I saw a lady having the LV French purse in the monogram with Stephen Sprouse rose....but that's the first i have seen, did the monogram LV French purse come with the Sprouse roses? Has anyone else seen it as well?
It didn't come with the roses. If you saw that, it was a fake.