LV French Purse, OR any other kisslock wallet recommendations?

foxgal

O.G.
Jul 22, 2010
Hi all - I know there are tons of wallet threads, but I can't seem to find anything on kisslock wallets in particular. I have a Chanel long wallet that has a framed coin purse and find this type of opening SSOOOO convenient. But so few makers have them.

I'm finally ready to invest in a new wallet and think an LV french purse in vernis leather is the way to go. It has all my favorite components:
- kisslock coin pouch
- medium size (not compact and not huge)
- 8+ card slots plus a large opening for bills
- beautiful pop colors

The one thing I don't like about it is the price :sweatdrop: and want to make sure I'm not spending that much $$ on something that won't last. Have also considered Smythson and Launer, which would be way more affordable, but they have snap closures, not kisslock. Prada and Ferragamo don't seem to make wallets in a medium size other than ziparound, which I don't want. Any advice/suggestions? TIA!

I have used the LV French Purse wallet for the past 5 years. It's an incredible wallet and I couldn't recommend it more. Mine is the classic Monogram and its still in pristine condition. I had my initials put inside too :smile:

Check out the Frye Maddy Mini ... ? Frye has incredible last-forever leather and a stellar decades-long reputation. Although - this may be too small for you. Take a look at it, though - I found it on Z@ppos. Also take a look at the Hobo Robin, it is larger, I think, comes in lots of bright colors.

I have used the LV French Purse wallet for the past 5 years. It's an incredible wallet and I couldn't recommend it more. Mine is the classic Monogram and its still in pristine condition. I had my initials put inside too :smile:

Second this too. I had the epi french purse which I retired last yr. The exterior is scratched because I place it with my keys but the interior is pristine. Def one of my all time fav wallets.

Second this too. I had the epi french purse which I retired last yr. The exterior is scratched because I place it with my keys but the interior is pristine. Def one of my all time fav wallets.

Thanks for your suggestions indiaink, and StarBrite and rabbits - you helped me take the plunge - I'll soon be receiving my orange sunset vernis french purse :yahoo: Brand new for a steal on ebay, and authenticated here of course! ;)