LV Favorite MM - still around?

I just scored one in DE last night after being on the waitlist for a long time. My SA said he hasn't seen one in Mono come in in ages, and couldn't get a straight answer from corporate as to whether they are still being produced. He said he's been able to get some DEs, Mono customers are likely out of luck, at least based on the stock at NYC 57th St.

Reactions: Yuleen
Has anyone had any luck getting a favorite mm in monogram in the Chicago area? And if so - how long were you on the waitlist? I’m contemplating driving to the four LVs in / near Chicago to put myself on the waitlist next month but not sure if it’s really worth it if it’s still going to be months of waiting.

Has anyone had any luck getting a favorite mm in monogram in the Chicago area? And if so - how long were you on the waitlist? I’m contemplating driving to the four LVs in / near Chicago to put myself on the waitlist next month but not sure if it’s really worth it if it’s still going to be months of waiting.

Going to ask my question differently, since I’ve decided to check out the stores in the Chicago vicinity this weekend!

There are four stores - two in downtown and another two in the suburb area. I won’t have time to go to all four but I can manage two. So I would like some advise as to where I would have a better chance to get on a shorter waitlist - the suburb stores or the downtown stores? I can see pros and cons for either of them.

Thanks!!

Going to ask my question differently, since I’ve decided to check out the stores in the Chicago vicinity this weekend!

There are four stores - two in downtown and another two in the suburb area. I won’t have time to go to all four but I can manage two. So I would like some advise as to where I would have a better chance to get on a shorter waitlist - the suburb stores or the downtown stores? I can see pros and cons for either of them.

Thanks!!
I would suggest you call each store and ask if they happen to have one in stock for starters, then ask if they have a waiting list. Good luck.

Reactions: lishukha
You might call the LV at Nordstrom downtown...I've had some pretty good luck in that boutique locating hard to find items in the past. Every time I'm in there, the SA's will tell me to ask if there's anything I want to see, because they typically don't have all of their items on display. Sure enough, if I ask for something they usually have one in the back somewhere!

I would suggest you call each store and ask if they happen to have one in stock for starters, then ask if they have a waiting list. Good luck.

This might be a dumb question - but how do I get to talk to the sales people physically at the stores? I’ve tried to call the specific store before but it would somehow divert me to the client service call center.

You might call the LV at Nordstrom downtown...I've had some pretty good luck in that boutique locating hard to find items in the past. Every time I'm in there, the SA's will tell me to ask if there's anything I want to see, because they typically don't have all of their items on display. Sure enough, if I ask for something they usually have one in the back somewhere!
I've experienced the same thing in the Michigan Avenue store. Most of the items I want to see there aren't on display. They look them up the system and end up pulling them out of a drawer or from the back.

I've noticed that most of the stores I've been in over the past year or so don't display a lot of canvas pieces these days. If they do, they are the more expensive ones like the luggage pieces, or new releases. Very seldom see the Speedy, Alma, Neverfull, Favorite, or even a good variety of SLG's in canvas on display. But if you ask, they always seem to be able to find some somewhere...lol.

On a side note, I've also found a lot of the pieces on the website that say "call for availability" are usually more easily found in stores. I live 135 miles from Chicago, and 125 miles from Indianapolis. I've stalked items on the website for months and couldn't find one available or called different stores to ask if they have items and been told they were sold out, only to walk into stores in the Chicago area, Indianapolis, St. Louis, and even Nashville and find they have everything in stock. I hate that, because the closest stores to me are either in Chicago or Indy and it's over 2 hours in the car one way to get there...and sometimes when I'm in either city I've got a full agenda and no time to do any shopping. The key is to physically go in the store and ask, I guess. It's a pain, but if I want something bag enough I guess that's what needs to be done!