LV Experts: Did LV ever make this wallet? (Description inside)

1. A friend of mine has a LV Mono canvas wallet. I has the French coin purse on the outside and when it opens it has a lot of credit card slots and a MIRROR inside. It is sort of rectangular like a checkbook wallet.

Did LV ever make a wallet like this? I don't want to ask her if it's fake... :shame:

2. I am thinking fake. I can't recall any mono wallets with mirror inside.

3. I saw a wallet like this on eBay and it was fake. I don't think they ever made a wallet with a mirror inside, but of course, maybe it could be vintage. Need some experts!

4. It sounds like something they should implement, but I have never seen one with a mirror inside, either.

5. It seems old. At least 5-7 years I think.

6. hmmm....i dunno, but maybe your friend PUT the mirror inside? cuz I know that I have a mirror (yanked it out of a compact lol) and I often squish it into the ID holder part of a wallet.....

7. I've seen a lot of fake French purses on eBay and some of them have the mirror (covered by a flap, right? Or if not, the mirroir is EMBEDDED into the wallet?)...AND a yellow "authenticity card" (which, ironically, means it's fake since real LV wallets don't have an ugly bright yellow authenticity card)
    I don't believe the French purse was ever made with a wallet...so I'm guessing, it's probably fake!

Edit: Like this one here? The flap on the right opens to the mirror?

eBay: Louis Vuitton Wallet 'French Purse' Style (item 280022516001 end time Sep-03-06 19:32:22 PDT)

8. I don't recall LV ever having a wallet with a mirror attached inside.

9. Did you ever figure out if this wallet is authentic? I have one also that I purchased on eBay, has box, dustbag and a flap area with a mirror. On the actual flap is where the LV info is stamped. I have many LV's and this really looks and feels authentic to me. But, is it?

10. Hi, you could ask for authentication in the LV Shopping section,

re-post (in a reply) here: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-shopping/authenticate-lv-read-rules-use-format-post-1-a-796059.html

Add ebay info, see first post. Good luck.

11. Hmmmm....I've never seen an LV wallet with a mirror inside.

12. Um no - that would be 100% fake.

13. Many years ago, when I was young and stupid (teenager), I had the wallet you're describing... absolutely fake. Mine came from a mall cart for like $10.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice