LV Epi Leather Wallet Fuchsia stained?

Yuerlove

Dec 23, 2012
Hi,
I'm about to buy a new wallet and I'm wondering if the LV Zippy Wallet in epi leather in fuchsia would be prone to staining from receipts or newspapers etc. and is epi leather prone to scratches?

Madeleine04

Feb 9, 2013
Massachusetts
Hi there! I have been collecting Epi for 15 years and I have never had a problem with staining of any kind, and the Epi never scratches, but I am mindful when I carry any of my bags. I say go for it! I really love the Epi, especially the fuscia- I just got the fuscia and mono long wallet myself, to go with two or three other fuscia bags in my collection. Good luck, and wear in good health!

boyoverboard

Obsessed and in LoVe
O.G.
Feb 9, 2010
United Kingdom
If you have a look on eBay you will see that many older Epi pieces don't look so great. I have a key holder from about ten years ago which has peeled at the corners. I wouldn't recommend Epi for pieces that are going to have heavy use. Canvas is much more durable. Having said that, I have never had any issues with scratching or colour transfer. Also, my newer Epi pieces have held up better than the aforementioned older style key holder. My business card holder has been in my bag every day for nearly two years and looks brand new!