LV employees are mean!!

midnight05

O.G.
Sep 25, 2006
Hi. I don't own any LV bags, but I've been scoping out items at their stores. I've gone to the LV store at the Mall at Shorts Hills and the Riverside Mall, both in NJ. Everybody my husband and I encountered was so mean. Literally, my husband and I have been treated like absolute dirt. We are in our 30's, always dressed nicely, etc. We shop like we are serious, talking about the bags, trying to figure out the best one for me, etc.

I think that when we are ready to buy, we will go to the one on 57th Street in the city. I hope they are nicer. I just don't get why these people think that they are so great. They are normal, retail employees. They aren't God!!!

Most of them are mean everywhere...what I have noticed with them and I am in Florida by the way...if you walk in with an LV they are so helpful...if you walk in with a non-lv they turn their nose up at you....It's like they have been programmed. I have done this myself and have seen how they react when I carry Lv in the store from when I don't.

Im sorry you've encountered rude service! I'm sure someone will be able to recommend an SA!

I have encountered poor service...outright ignoring me and I've had the bag, shoes & jewelry on so it doesn't really matter! I think it's the atmosphere of the store and how they are allowed to act! BTW, my poor service happened in FL. I live in MI and always get great service! I've shopped in Chicago, Ohio & Vegas and gotten great service as well!

I was at 57th St. recently, and found them nice.
Riverside is usually nice.
I have found Short Hills kind of clueless.
Soho they are smiling and happy and nice.

Sorry to read you are having a problem. I guess the good thing is there are plenty of LV boutiques to go for shopping. Or one can always order off of LV.com and never have to dal with anyone.

Good luck finding what you are looking for, and be sure to let us know if and what you got.

Wow and to think I was just complaining about an SA who couldn't be bothered and didn't know his stock and recent additions to the range.

Midnight: Don't let some silly, nasty, snob stand in the way of your bag love. Don't give them a power they have no right to. They work for the store they don't own it!:wacko:

Most of them are mean everywhere...what I have noticed with them and I am in Florida by the way...if you walk in with an LV they are so helpful...if you walk in with a non-lv they turn their nose up at you....It's like they have been programmed. I have done this myself and have seen how they react when I carry Lv in the store from when I don't.

Even then, I think you have to walk in with a NEW LV... I brought my vintage and got the "down the nose" glare at SCP

I've only been to boutiques in Las Vegas and New Orleans. Maybe since they have a lot of tourists, they are very courteous.
Sorry you have had funky ones........:sad:

Sorry about your experience, their behavior is unexcusable. My opinion is that you did the right thing by not buying from the mean SA's. They don't have to kiss our feet but they should have common courtesy towards their customers.

I have never been treated meanly anywhere at any store. In over 10 countries. You can always order a bag my SA at Saks in Troy, Mi is Dorothy and she is sweet, plus she speaks another language( I think chinese). So call her.

Just act like you belong there and they are the odd ones. Or just be sweet.

Hi. I don't own any LV bags, but I've been scoping out items at their stores. I've gone to the LV store at the Mall at Shorts Hills and the Riverside Mall, both in NJ. Everybody my husband and I encountered was so mean. Literally, my husband and I have been treated like absolute dirt. We are in our 30's, always dressed nicely, etc. We shop like we are serious, talking about the bags, trying to figure out the best one for me, etc.

I think that when we are ready to buy, we will go to the one on 57th Street in the city. I hope they are nicer. I just don't get why these people think that they are so great. They are normal, retail employees. They aren't God!!!

I have never been treated badly by the LV emplyees.. And I'm only 17. All the LV employees at my local LV store (Sweden, Stockholm) are very kind and understanding (most of the time)! The ones in Rome I also think are very nice and the one I visited in Paris as well :smile: It's terrible that you should be treated badly by the SAs. As you say, they are definitely not god, haha!

i, too, have never been treated in an ill manner, in any boutique around the world, whether or not i walk out with bags..

i have witnessed it though.. and it's sad.. because you can tell that some folks that come in are so 'unsure' of how to approach the SA's.. or how to go about purchasing.. and these SA's are not always the most accommodating bunch..

anyway, it's good that you decided to take your business elsewhere..
choose one whose SA deserves the sale..
much luck to you!!