LV Ellipse MM - still popular?

anna401

Feb 10, 2009
Hello everyone! About 9 or 10 years ago, my husband bought me a Louis Vuitton mono ellipse MM (after I had seen Madonna wearing one in a fashion magazine) and at that time I wore it frequenlty and proudly.
It has been in my closet for the last couple of years now, tucked away safely in its dust bag.
I never see anyone wearing that design anymore. Is it not popular anymore? Should I care?
Thanks.

mo-djoe

O.G.
Sep 7, 2008
somewhere in Europe
You shouldnt care ! It is a lovely present , and if you love it , wear it !
Louis Vuitton is still popular , and the ellipse is a lovely bag , you maybe don't see a lot of them , but I think this is because they don't fake this design

i_love_yorkie

and BAGS
O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
VN<->US
i personally dont like ellipse, but i consider that more of classic than trendy. so you should wear it now, proudly. it's LV and ellipse is discontinued, btw

itsonly4me

Oskar Waltz
O.G.
May 8, 2007
PA
Its not my fav style but as long as you like it, you should wear it. I agree that it is a classic.

4purse

O.G.
Jul 4, 2007
United States
Hello everyone! About 9 or 10 years ago, my husband bought me a Louis Vuitton mono ellipse MM (after I had seen Madonna wearing one in a fashion magazine) and at that time I wore it frequenlty and proudly.
It has been in my closet for the last couple of years now, tucked away safely in its dust bag.
I never see anyone wearing that design anymore. Is it not popular anymore? Should I care?
Thanks.
I say where it! I have the same bag and I LIKE that I DONT see everyone else wearing it. It's still super fashionable!

ayla

nyan nyan percent
O.G.
Oct 19, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
It's a classic shape, and while it may not be as common anymore, it doesn't take away from the beauty of the bag ! :yes:

BagAngel

Louis Vuitton Addict
O.G.
Oct 30, 2006
UK
Ellipse is a classic, wear your bag & don't worry! Monogram bags are forever bags!

taniherd

O.G.
Sep 25, 2008
i personally dont like ellipse, but i consider that more of classic than trendy. so you should wear it now, proudly. it's LV and ellipse is discontinued, btw

FYI....eluxury has ellipse...both pm and mm size.
Personally the style isn't for me...but it's classic LV. :smile:

Attachments

mikatee

May 25, 2008
The less you see it around, the better!
It is a chance for you to be unique carrying an Ellipse!

anna401

Feb 10, 2009
Thank you for your replies. I trust your opinions because you are all purse (especially LV) savvy.

I'll bring it out of retirement and show it off again.

p.s. I love the purse forum - just discovered it the other day!