LV Deauville - Mono or Damier?

Monogram or Damier Deauville?

• Monogram, Ma'am!

• Damier this Deauville, if you will.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yup! I got mine heatstamped too, I did gold and it really pops against the ebene leather.

Cindy, thanks for popping by! :flowers:

Really awesome that you have both bags and consider the Damier better, that's a big help. So far as the authenticity questioning glances go, where I live it's a tiny outback town and I'm the only LV carrier here anyway - many people here wouldn't know a Speedy from a Papillon, so I'm unconcerned what they'd think of the bag! Oh and for those that might have a clue on LV, I'd be getting the luggage tag heatstamped anyway, and LV of course wouldn't do this for a fake! Well I suppose one could just buy the tag there and get it stamped.. but sod it, if anyone gave me the up-downs I'd just say outright, "oh dahhhling, it's Speshull Awwdah, yew knowww", and stick my nose in the air! :blah: :lol:

Also, when I go to the city I take turns with whatever latest bag deserves a 'big day out', haha, but I don't think I'd take this one on a day's shopping, being a more travel/work kinda bag. Even with the strap I don't think it's a traipsing around the city looking at stuff kinda bag, so isn't likely to be carried through a big centre of LV lovers.

That's probably another reason no patina would be good, I'd feel cheated almost on spending $1000 for it to get old and patinaed just through going to work and back, not being shown off! :sweatdrop:

Peace, I'd definitely be getting that strap! All my bags get heavy, no matter how light they start out - I'm an incurable bag stuffer! - and the strap would be handy anyway since I often take my guitar case to work and back for practice during downtime, I'd need a spare hand to open the car door when carrying both! :yes:

You know, I think I'm going to go with the Damier. After much deliberation, some forgetting about it to let my mind rest and then come back to it later, the Damier idea is sounding much better. I really like that it'll stay looking perfect forever, and the thought of the darkening patina on the Mono really puts me off, as there is a lot of vachetta there and the darker patinaed ones really look much older than they are.

It's a shame for the mono as it's such a beautiful bag, but my decision to go with Damier has taken into account that I can always find a Mono Deauville - but this Damier one that's in Australia too (so no hefty shipping charges) is the right place, plus I'm certain on the authenticity. Hopefully I can get this one - if not, it might be Mono after all!

Will keep you all posted. :tup:

^^
Good decision!!! I hope you get the Damier Deauville soon and will post pics!!! The bag really looks good in Damier!! (Just like the Cabas Piano and Mezzo which also look great in the Damier print!)

I do remember seeing a black Epi special order Deauville on display at one of the LV stores and that looked gorgeous also!

Black Epi, woahh.. :drool:

Am still waiting to hear back from the guy to see if it's available first, am so impatient now that I've decided I want it! If I can't get it I'll get one of the mono's I know of, rather than wait an eternity to ever find a real Damier SO again..

^^ the Brisbane store had one not too long ago .. there are a few floating around Aus as I was considering purchasing it too but found it too bulkly to carry for work ..I think the damier one is around $1.9K???

I BOUGHT THE DAMIER DEAUVILLE!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG it was all finalised and posted today and is on it's way to me. It's destined to arrived on Wednesday next week, it's insured for it's full $1900 value and coming all safely registered, but I still won't relax 'til it's here. I leave early the next morning to go to Brisbane too, so it had better arrive Wednesday as I'm taking it with me!! Goodness I can't wait.
waiting.gif

When I'm in Brisbane I'm getting the luggage tag heatstamped with my initial in red, and will get the widest messenger strap for it too - I might get my initial heatstamped onto the tail of that when I get it as well if it looks like it'll look alright!! I'll also get my Damier Agenda GM heatstamped too.

I am so glad with my decision now.. I can always get a Mono Deauville, anytime, but this baby was one in a million and incredible timing. Both my Agendae are Damier, though this will be my first Damier bag - they're all gonna look so AWESOME together!!! I'm dying for the Damier Trunks and Bags Mini Pochette to come out - that would just complete me!!! :love:

Here's my Damier Deauville and my Damier Koala Agenda and Cles and my Agenda GM... :girlsigh:

P1010775wm.jpg
P1010781wm.jpg
DSCF0812-1.jpg