LV Damier canvas care/conditioning.

lvg

Jun 10, 2011
Hi
I need advice regarding my damier Westminister and Beaubourg canvas care.
I have been looking into the previous threads pertaining LV canvas care and conditioning to prevent it from cracking. One of my bags is about to get a year old. I was just wondering if I should condition it now or I can still wait. I have only taken it out about a dozen times.
Also which product would you suggest. I have found out about Armor all spray and Mothers Protectant spary . Both are for vinyl protection. I live in Toronto and have an access to both of these.
Thanks alot

Damier is not vinyl. It doesn't need a vinyl protectant. In fact it needs nothing at all. Nada. Nor does the leather require anything special. You are good to go!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinyl

The LV canvas is coated. thats why it might look kinda like vinyl ;)
as far as i know if you expose the lv canvas to extrem sun exposure for a long time it might crack due to drying out. so after using your bag you should always put it bag in its dustbag.

And when do Armoral and such protctants come into play.. Someone said they are not meant for Damier. If I want to soften/condition it, what shall be the safest way!!:smile:

And when do Armoral and such protctants come into play.. Someone said they are not meant for Damier. If I want to soften/condition it, what shall be the safest way!!:smile:
I use armor all for my monogram and my mutlicolor monogram. I swear by it. It cleans,shines and protects. The more you use a bag the more you should use armor all to keep in shiny and some what protected. I would like to try it on my vachetta and patina'd louis's but i'm afraid it will darken the leather. All though, I was brave enough this morning to try a small section on the bottom of my multicolor alma. Waiting for it to dry But there is shining monkey on new vachetta. Not sure if armor all will make leather shiny after using shining monkey and stay same color. I'll let you know after at least a half a day of drying.

Reactions: mrsflintstone
I got Lovin My Bag cleaner and conditioner. I think it works great for both the canvas and the untreated leather. I used it to clean my montsouris backpack's leather that already patina and it cleaned the spots very well!