LV Cruise 2018 - Kyoto, Japan

Redenkeew

O.G.
Jun 15, 2008
It's that time of the year again, 10 days counting down to the Cruise 2018 show. This time the show is taking place at the Miho Museum, set for May 14th. I personally can't wait for this collection!!

louis-vuitton--Louis_Vuitton_849_MIHO_MUSEUM_DI3.jpg

Louis Vuitton presents its Cruise collection at the Miho Museum east of Kyoto.
Louis Vuitton is heading to Kyoto, Japan, for its Cruise collection, which will be held on Sunday, May 14th.

The spirit of travel, the discovery of extraordinary natural environments, architectural masterpieces and art, are intrinsically connected to Louis Vuitton. In keeping with the House's tradition, the Cruise show will be held in the outer worldly setting of the Miho Museum, designed by I.M. Pei, the architect of the Grand Louvre and its pyramids in Paris.

Inaugurated in 1997, the Miho Museum was conceived to be a terrestrial paradise, inspired by Shangri-La, the legendary heaven-on-earth. Nestled in a hidden valley, the museum is revealed through a spectacular metal tunnel and a futuristic suspension bridge. This unique home to more than a thousand works of art, blends exoticism with modernity, while steeped in the most luscious forest.

This is the first time in the museum’s history that it will play host to such an event.

"The place inspired me right away," explains Nicolas Ghesquière, Artistic Director of Women's Collections at Louis Vuitton. "After the desert and Palm Springs, the ocean and Rio, I wanted to introduce people to another landscape, to immerse them in a sea of green. With the I.M. Pei's Miho Museum we are continuing an architectural voyage that suits the Maison Louis Vuitton to a tee. For our 2018 Cruise fashion show we are transported into a tangled web of nature, geographical greatness and a unique architectural vision.

Louis Vuitton's Cruise fashion show will be broadcasted live May 14th, on louisvuitton.com.
Follow #LVCRUISE on the Louis Vuitton Instagram.