LV Croisette - Damier Ebene vs Damier Azur Canvas?

LV Croisette - Damier Ebene vs Damier Azur Canvas?

• Total voters

pandas_kat

Dec 9, 2019
I don't currently own any Louis Vuitton bags, but I'm considering getting the LV Croisette as an everyday bag. Almost all of the bags I own are black, so I'm looking to add something different to my bag collection, that will be good for daily use, but hopefully be somewhat of a classic option (not too trendy), so that it will also be a good option for potential longer-term use. Damier Ebene is probably more along the color choices of something that you'd usually find in my closet, whereas the color palette Damier Azur Canvas would be a little more unexpected, but I do like the look of it.

Since I don't own any LV bags, I'm not very familiar with the pros/cons of the different materials they carry. I like the look of this bag in both the Damier Ebene and the Damier Azur Canvas. Are there pros/cons to these each of these materials for this specific bag, or in general? My main concern would be for the Damier Azur Canvas, is it prone to getting dirty more easily since it is light in color, and if so, is it difficult to clean?

Thanks for the feedback! I'll have to wait until I can check them out in person and decide from there, if I decide to get this bag. Both are beautiful, but I'm thinking I would lean towards DE based on versatility and also being scared of getting the Azur bag dirty since it's lighter in color.

Great choice! The croissette was my first LV bag as well and I was also interested in both prints.

I didn't know anything about the different materials either, but the sales associate that helped me suggested that I go with the DE because azur is prone to color transfer. I'm so glad I went with DE because although the DA looks very cute and would make a great summer bag, the vachetta handle would definitely show a lot of wear (unless you tie a bandeau over it) and I think azur tends to yellow over time.

For your first purchase, I definitely think you should check it out in store so you can try it on. You might even end up going with something different entirely. Good luck and don't forget to show us what you end up getting! :smile:

I tried on an azur the minute the bag was released b/c I prefer the pink interior but ultimately went with DE. I've had color transfer on too many azur pieces and was left sad over them all. DE is worry free and all-weather, too.