LV collections & fakes

I did see that thread--- about some lichen denim bag...

anyways- I'm pretty sure it's happened before and it's best to let mods deal with it- drama just causes sub-forums to be shut *down*

Once in a while I'll spot one. IMO, the right thing to do is to pm the respective forum mod rather than calling out on the member as she/he might not know it's fake.

If you do see a fake, this would be the best way that we can tackle the issue, it may be unknowing and no one wants drama. :yes:

well heres a story for you, i have always loved lv and i never was able to afford one and one day i was on ebay i saw a pink neo speedy and fell in love so i did all my research and made sure it wasnt fake and i even got the receipt when i won it and compared it to my mother in laws real one and it was perfect, i was over the moon!!! and i carried it happily for over a year. then i married my hubby and we finished school and got jobs and i could afford to buy bags from the boutique and even the sa's loved my bag. so i had a collection worth ten grand. my mother in law told me to join this site and i did and posted my collection only to find out from addy that my neo speedy was fake. my heart was broken and i chucked it straight in the bin. now i only buy from stores.
it was a pefect fake it all came down to the back of the front pocket buckles. embarrassing but true!!! sorry for the long post.

I know there was a fella' that posted on here not too long ago and unfortunately had to be told his entire collection was fake. That was sad. I think he probably must have known because they weren't even good fakes, but it was sad just the same.

yeah ive spotted a fake on here, it was a speedy not too long ago. I didnt say anything to the particular user because i HATE drama, but its not there anymore so somebody must have said something *shrug*

Yes of course. I'm sure there are more we don't spot as well. I remember one poor tPFer that had a bag for a long time before posting close ups of a seam that gave it away after the shop rejected it. She didn't know and thought she made a great deal on it probably.

i am sure the owners did not know that they had a fake in their possession...:yes:fellow tpf who spotted the fakes should PRIVATELY messages the owners :tup:

Thta whAt i would do to help fellow tpf...:P

This is some scary stuff; that's why I only buy from Elux, now the LV website or boutiques. I got burned badly on ebay when I first started collecting; my daughter told me my beloved find on ebay was a fake. I couldn't believe I'd thrown away money on a disgusting fake.

It's too bad, I'm sure that most of the people who post do so unknowingly. And have their hearts broken when they find out that their beloved handbag find is a fake.
I know that I tossed an LV that I was suspicious of, the leaf tag wasn't aligned. Rather than have a possible fake.

It would be so embarassing if you showed a fake on a forum with people who actually know the bags. And know them really well. I've never seen one though, but I don't browse the collection threads that often either.

I've seen several, but haven't noticed any in people's showcase threads, I feel kinda sorry for some of them because I'm sure the people didn't know they were fake.