LV Carmel bag

Hi j.louis, I don’t have a review per se, but can offer some details after owning the bag for 5 months and using it about once a week. The braided handle is comfortable, and the bag is not heavy. It seems to be very well made and there are no signs of wear yet. The photo is from the day I got it. The leather on mine is thick and at first the bag felt structured, but it has softened a bit so now drapes nicely. I love the interior but it can be a pain to extract what you need, and almost impossible when it is on your shoulder since it is a deep bag. There are a few YouTube videos on the Carmel, but not many. Let us know if you have questions!

9359A8A8-AE8E-4D63-9048-E72A203EC8EC.jpeg

Hi j.louis, I don’t have a review per se, but can offer some details after owning the bag for 5 months and using it about once a week. The braided handle is comfortable, and the bag is not heavy. It seems to be very well made and there are no signs of wear yet. The photo is from the day I got it. The leather on mine is thick and at first the bag felt structured, but it has softened a bit so now drapes nicely. I love the interior but it can be a pain to extract what you need, and almost impossible when it is on your shoulder since it is a deep bag. There are a few YouTube videos on the Carmel, but not many. Let us know if you have questions!

View attachment 5692513
Thanks for that. I have the same color. I just started to use it. I decided to put a soft organizer in it and that helps a lot. I was also wondering how the side glazing ( or is it leather) hold up. I did see a couple YouTube videos but there’s not much there. It’s such an expensive bag I don’t think many purchase it.

Reactions: Miss Liz
I have the cream color. I don't use it much because of the black hole. Mine also drapes imward when sitting down on table - it doesn't look like this picture. I went nuts for this bag when I saw someone carrying it but now I'm like "meh." I may try to sell it but I'm sure I will not fetch a good price if I try to sell it to FP, etc. Maybe I should take it out again to see if I can love it again. I do love the understatedness of the logo on the bag. I'm over the giant logo. Like seriously.

Reactions: BaggyRhode
I have the cream color. I don't use it much because of the black hole. Mine also drapes imward when sitting down on table - it doesn't look like this picture. I went nuts for this bag when I saw someone carrying it but now I'm like "meh." I may try to sell it but I'm sure I will not fetch a good price if I try to sell it to FP, etc. Maybe I should take it out again to see if I can love it again. I do love the understatedness of the logo on the bag. I'm over the giant logo. Like seriously.
I put an organizer in mine and it really makes a difference. Things are easy to find . I got one that’s really thin felt so the bag is still somewhat flimsy.

I also became smitten with the Carmel (black) when i saw it on someone’s shoulder, but I can’t decide whether it or the Artsy (empriente, MM) would be the better replacement for the Chanel tote I’ve been using for travel. (The sliding chain makes the Chanel awkward to use. Harrumph.) Appreciate any insights on which - Carmel versus Artsy - might be the better vessel for both form and function.