LV Canvas Prints too loud for business meetings?

CSG

Mar 11, 2015
I am in need of a business card holder that I can bring for meeting with clients. I work in a professional firm so corporate environment is strictly formal. Meetings are usually with the top management. I love LV SLGs especially in the Monogram canvas print and I am interested of getting the business card holder for this reason. However, I want to know your thoughts if you think the print of LV canvas is too loud and would make a negative impression on me when I take it out for meetings?

Curious also if you take your LV bags in canvas prints for professional meetings? I know a lot of girls in the forum that use the neverfull for daily work bag.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 1,091
When in doubt, don't do it. I am in the legal profession which is very conservative. I have carried a de bag on occasion, but I would not carry mono. It's just not done in my profession and I would feel awkward. But I am in an extremely conservative work environment. A damier card holder might be ok as it's small but if you are unsure then I would get something else.

I don't find the prints on LV "too loud", especially in an SLG. However you may want to model your choice after what others in your firm tend to use.....if they choose more understated, solid colors then that might be the way to go.
It's really hard to answer not knowing the particular climate of your individual firm.

I work with lawyers and accountants.

When in doubt, don't do it. I am in the legal profession which is very conservative. I have carried a de bag on occasion, but I would not carry mono. It's just not done in my profession and I would feel awkward. But I am in an extremely conservative work environment. A damier card holder might be ok as it's small but if you are unsure then I would get something else.

Same with my workplace. Extremely conservative. The damier is actually my top choice if I would get a canvas business card holder but still unsure. I know people would still recognize the brand and I do not know if that is a bad thing? Though most of my male officemates wear luxury items (ties, suits, shoes, clothes, montblanc pen, etc.) all the time but I have not seen them with any LV canvas prints. While, most of my female colleagues are very simple and not into luxury goods but still present themselves well. Btw, I am a female. I do not bring my designer bags for work because of that. I just use a simple black leather bag with my LV slgs inside! Lol!

I think that it is fine if it's normal within your firm. My lawyer has LV wallet and Hermes belt, of course he also drives a Porsche. Yes, I do think that his rates and retaining fees are too high. :nuts:

It is normal for my male colleagues but with females not that normal. I find it weird that my male officemates are more into brands than ladies. Here in the forum majority are ladies!

Lol on the high retainer fees! Haha!

I see you've discovered card holders. :biggrin: I think they are very handy little pieces!
I work in IT, so casual style clothing is acceptable. However, I would not use monogram print for items for work, as I'd still find them a bit too loud, I'd rather go with DE (or other damier print, because here it's not so readily recognized). In a very conservative work environment (or in an environment where people easily recognize damier prints) I think epi is your best choice - it's subtle, not flashy, durable and timeless. I also think it's a good idea to adjust to what your superiors are carrying when it comes to luxury items.

I see you've discovered card holders. :biggrin: I think they are very handy little pieces!
I work in IT, so casual style clothing is acceptable. However, I would not use monogram print for items for work, as I'd still find them a bit too loud, I'd rather go with DE (or other damier print, because here it's not so readily recognized). In a very conservative work environment (or in an environment where people easily recognize damier prints) I think epi is your best choice - it's subtle, not flashy, durable and timeless. I also think it's a good idea to adjust to what your superiors are carrying when it comes to luxury items.

I bought a lot of SLGs these couple of months that I can already buy a bag! Haha! No regrets though. I love them all. I might need to check the leather options as suggested my many. I found this one but still with prints all over! HAHA!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 879