LV.ca exchange rejected

Even if they don't consider those small marks to be defects (they may spin you some rubbish about it being an effect of the leather or something) - there is no way that glazing is acceptable. You should demand a free collection of the item and a speedy refund! If they refuse, I would absolutely not hesitate to file a chargeback with my card company. Good luck!

just to update everyone, after sending numerous addt'l pics to LV about the defects, LV called me and said they will take the bag back. I sent it week and half ago so lets see when the refund comes in. They said they honour the old price (since they price increase) if I want to reorder another one. Should I? I would be devastated if the 2nd one comes in bad shape. Im sure they will also black list me!!!

I know sometimes when things like this happen it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I say if you love the bag try a re-order. I agree with someone here who said LV's quality control has slipped. Just a couple of weeks before I received my Neverfull DA FedEx. When I opened the box I noticed the dust bag was huge way huge for the NF MM. So this made me look at the bag careful. I noticed one of the tassels on the side was twisted really bad. I immediately call customer service to complain - where they told me they would call my local store to see if they had it in stock so I could exchange. My store had it which is an hour away but I drove there straight after work. When Austin the SA looked at it he twisted the tassel inside out and said it was fine. I then told him I was not happy with it and still wanted to exchange. They allowed me to do this with no problem. I do not think I will be ordering online any longer and will make the drive to purchase from now on. Was a little disappointed with LV online. Also I do not know if I wasn't such a frequent customer if they would have obliged me. I know all three of my SA's by name. LV has got to get it together! This quite a bit of money we spend with them and I demand close to perfection!

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

Reactions: Jazzy210
Black dots on vernis is not a normal thing! I have plenty of vernis items and the only time any black dots appeared on one was when some glitter got stuck on my pomme zippy and left some small black square shapes after I picked them off. Yours is definitely a defect! I'm so sorry this happened to you! The glazing on the strap was done really poorly- I'm glad they took the bag back. You really should get a brand new one and not a "repaired" one.

just to update everyone, after sending numerous addt'l pics to LV about the defects, LV called me and said they will take the bag back. I sent it week and half ago so lets see when the refund comes in. They said they honour the old price (since they price increase) if I want to reorder another one. Should I? I would be devastated if the 2nd one comes in bad shape. Im sure they will also black list me!!!

That's great news. I'm sure that if you order another, it will not be defective. It's a beautiful bag, you should get it while they're honouring the old price (as well they should!)

Black dots on vernis is not a normal thing! I have plenty of vernis items and the only time any black dots appeared on one was when some glitter got stuck on my pomme zippy and left some small black square shapes after I picked them off. Yours is definitely a defect! I'm so sorry this happened to you! The glazing on the strap was done really poorly- I'm glad they took the bag back. You really should get a brand new one and not a "repaired" one.

I'm not saying what is right and what is wrong in this situation but the vernis care booklet does clearly state:

"some small dark grains can be found under the varnish, due to the manufacturing process, without impacting on the quality of your product."

As you can tell from my user-id, I am a little bit of a vernis fan. I have to say I've never found marks on any of mine but LV do warn that it can happen.

Phew! I am so happy this worked out. Honestly not sure how I would feel about another one. If they are willing to match the pre price increase price maybe. I have two vernis almas (one blue lagoon and the other indian rose) My blue lagoon has a few small black dots but they do rub off? The indian rose does not have dots.
The back you received was horrible especially with the glazing issue on the strap. What do you think you will do??

I'm not saying what is right and what is wrong in this situation but the vernis care booklet does clearly state:

"some small dark grains can be found under the varnish, due to the manufacturing process, without impacting on the quality of your product."

As you can tell from my user-id, I am a little bit of a vernis fan. I have to say I've never found marks on any of mine but LV do warn that it can happen.
Wow! I checked all my vernis care booklets and it doesn't say that anywhere! All they mention is to keep away from heat, sunlight, magazines, etc and mentions color transfer. Plus how to care for vernis. I bought my vernis items about four years ago. Maybe the newer items are more prone to getting those dots......I don't think I'd order online then. I'd buy mine from the boutique. I hate dealing with defects and returns!

Ugh! So sorry to hear of all the trouble you went through. Glad to hear they eventually reconciled the issue though, and I hope you purchased a new one at the old price while you have the chance. It's a beautiful bag :smile:

So glad everything worked out for you. I found a great sales associate that will have things transferred in for me. She looks at it first then we comb through it together. I feel safer doing it this way and so glad I found someone who will work with me.