LV Box with purchase

Ya the first time they didn't give me one so this weekend I asked for one but I was being super cute and sweet just so she would give me one! lol. I didn't think she'd give me one b/c she said they didn't have any, but then she came out with my bag in the box. But I know what you mean; we should have to practically beg for them!

Were u at the YD one? I saw a lot of people buying eva's :smile:

You should just politely ask for a box. No need to feel irritated :shrugs:
I have a regular SA and I still ask for a box when she packs my purchases up for me.

Ya the first time they didn't give me one so this weekend I asked for one but I was being super cute and sweet just so she would give me one! lol. I didn't think she'd give me one b/c she said they didn't have any, but then she came out with my bag in the box. But I know what you mean; we should have to practically beg for them!

Were u at the YD one? I saw a lot of people buying eva's :smile:

No I was at the Bloor store.

And I would have asked if it was on my mind, but it wasn't. I was too excited about the purse. The onus, however, should not be on the buyer to ask for a box. They should come with the purchase since you just spent a few hundred (in some cases, thousands).

when i bought my eva they asked if it was a gift
I said yes (a gift for me!) and then she said: then we will put it in a box!
so maybe they only give a box when you ask or when it is a gift?

They're cutting back on boxes because 1- people sell them on ebay and then fakers include them with their fakes and 2- they aren't biodegradable and people throw them away and they clutter landfills. Also, they're using the ones that fold down a lot more than they are the hard boxes.
So yes, the SA should have asked you if you wanted one but next time, ask for one before they pack up the purchase...better to get what you want when you're still in the store than have to go back later complaining.

I don't think automatically giving boxes at the store is environmentally sound. I am only able to go to boutiques when I am on vacation and there is no way that a LV box is going to make it home on the airplane with me. It would just get tossed.
I do have a few boxes from eluxury purchases that I have saved, but I have still tossed a few.

Most of the time people don't want boxes--it takes up space AND it's a huge environmental issue. It's not like everyone in the world will recycle their Louis Vuitton boxes, most of them probably just throw them out. Believe me, I saw many many people who refused boxes when their SAs asked if they wanted boxes. Whenever I'm shopping at my store, I'm about the only one who specifically asks for a box, everyone else just seems to leave the store with a bag in a dustbag.

In ALL the major boutiques in Hong Kong, and in my store, the SA will simply put your purchase in the dustbag, and put it in a bag for you. All you have to do is ask for a box.

Louis Vuitton is joining many other companies in trying to be environmentally friendly, and this is one thing they'll do to cut back on the impact on the environment (using less boxes).

Yeah, when i made my first LV purchase ever, I asked for a box and my SA gave it to me. She said a large majority of their customers just throw it away when they get home, so they dont usually box purchases up. I make sure to ask every time.