LV bags when traveling by plane

GJ*

Nov 17, 2019
I'm flying now for the first time since the corona pandemic 2 years ago and I'm faced with the bag problem: I've gotten used to buying clothes that match the bags. since I don't have that many, I thought it was a good idea. :lol:
but now i'm thinking about how to transport them without packing them in the suitcase that is being checked in.
the second problem is that in a city that is known for pickpocketing i would prefer a closed bag. but i only have 3: siena (i hardly wear it because i got bored with it), the hyde park (is a bit more modern with the burgundy accents, but doesn't fit) and the escale speedy in rose/blue/yellow (just fits to 1 outfit perfect). and the mpa, but not everything that I want to take with me during the day fits in there.
am I too cautious (yes, I live in the countryside :giggle: and I know people whose wallets were stolen on city trips :crybaby:).
how do you have that? do you carry open bags like the neverfull in tourist regions?
I can't take 4 bags with me either. since we haven't traveled to hot regions in the last 2 years, i don't have that many outfits for the weather.
I was the last months so busy that I am now completely unprepared.:wtf:

I travel with zippered smaller sized bags. (Besides carry on suitcase). I usually wear one that goes with everything then pack one extra smaller for evening like a pochette with crossbody strap. I also wouldn’t overthink about matching. Bag colors don’t have to be same as your outfit, just complimentary.

Reactions: Loriad
I agree with everyone here. I felt the same as you when I flew internationally for first time since pandemic recently. Very stressed and felt last minute unprepared. But you are more prepared than you think. Once you're on your trip, you'll realise you can make do with whatever you bring, especially lucky that you're going in hot weather so probably packing lighter, and if pickpockety you would probably choose a bag that has a more closed top and is less fussy to open and close when you're juggling bags, suitcase and documents etc in your hands in transit.

I'd definitely go with one big one small. Pack the small in your bigger bag. I'm assuming the bigger bag is your carryon for the plane. The small can be something versatile for running around daytime as well as for night/ going out. (Sorry I am not too familiar with your styles of LV that you have) and if too difficult, bring a non-branded bag so you'll be more relaxed in the pickpockety city, and don't worry about matching outfits to bag, you can surprise yourself with new style combos with your bags that you'd never even considered before.

Hope that helps- enjoy your holiday! :smile::smile:

thank you for your answers.
i think my problem is that i have a lot of patterned clothes and shoes that the bag has to match. the mpa goes with everything but it's too small for daytime use.
for example this is my outfit
20220531_133933.jpg
but its not possible with the speedy
20220531_133952.jpg
i love this
20220531_133419.jpg
but the pink of the speedy stands out
20220531_133355.jpg

perhaps i should only buy black clothes:rolleyes:

thank you for your answers.
i think my problem is that i have a lot of patterned clothes and shoes that the bag has to match. the mpa goes with everything but it's too small for daytime use.
for example this is my outfit
View attachment 5415674
but its not possible with the speedy
View attachment 5415675
i love this
View attachment 5415676
but the pink of the speedy stands out
View attachment 5415677

perhaps i should only buy black clothes:rolleyes:
WOW!! LOVE your wardrobe! No wonder you're confused.

What about your Siena for carryon with MPA inside ? Would you use Siena for daytime sightseeing all day? It could fit what MPA doesn't?

Could you also bring the Sunrise Pastel pouch along- that could also fit in Siena, and serve as a fancier evening bag? That also goes with another outfit?

Edit- I was assuming your Siena and MPA are brown mono but are they?

Reactions: LeahLVoes and 880
Also do you have any neutrals? Eg. A black grey white or cream top or bottoms that can go with your patterned tops or bottoms? Might "break up" the outfit so it serves as a bridge between the top/bottom pattern and the bag colours, if that makes sense- sorry bedtime here

You have incredible style- I love your outfits!

Personally if worried about pickpockets I would pick any of the 3 mono zipped bags at the back as the carryon/larger day bag, plus the MPA and possibly the pouch of the Sunrise Pastel Neverfull inside the carryon. Sorry I'm newer to LV so might get the names of your zipped bags wrong. I like how one has the red trim, but any of them would be fine I reckon.

Love your Neverfull collection! But that depends on your comfort level. I'd feel stressed carrying that style if worried about pickpockets, especially in brighter colours that look limited edition like these. I have also had bag regret when travelling, wishing I'd brought a brighter luxe bag . So I guess the Sunrise Pastel pouch and/or the mpa animation could serve as that brighter bag.

Just my thoughts, hope it helps! Wishing you a very happy trip :loveeyes:

Reactions: kkfiregirl
nice collection, I think you may want to focus on what you want to be during your travel: security? low key or flashy? easy to pair with outfit?
Depends on how safe the place I would go and what kinda of activity I would be doing, whom I will be seeing, I would chose a large / medium bag (Neverfull GM / MM or Speedy 30 / Speedy b 30); backpack; Felicie or Pochette Accessories; Odeon MM (larger enough for day but not too large and has zipper and outside pocket), probably will not chose Siena if I'm seeing anyone I know or go luxury shopping, if not then Siena would be great (normandy might be too heavy)