LV azur speedy or Alexander Wang rockie?

Qtvixen

Handbag Addict
Nov 2, 2011
Hello all! I would like to get a LV azur speedy either 25 or 30 to add to my collection, but I also love the Rockie in acid or black. I feel like Rockie is a trend bag and LV speedy is a classic piece. Please help me decide!

Seems like I'm the minority but I prefer the Rockie (which I have and love). In full disclosure, I've never purchased a bag with the logos prominently displayed though.

Speedys are always a timeless classic! Rockies are about the same size (more or less) but have the option for cross body and shoulder strap. Unless you're planning to get a speedy with a shoulder strap! There are pros and cons for each depending on how you carry your handbag. Good luck with your choice, either one of those bags are fail proof IMO :P

Definitely would get the Speedy. It's a classic piece and will last for a long time. You can also dress it up or dress it down, and it can fit a lot of things.... My Speedys are all size 30 and can carry a lot of my stuff.
Hope this helps 😊😊

If you want something classy and lightweight, get the speedy. I have both sizes and would recommend you getting the 30. I rarely use the 25 because it is so small. I also own A.Wang Rocco (similar size to the speedy 30), and omg...the rocco is so darn heavy. My shoulder and arm hurts if I carry it for too long, but it's a great workout! lol

The AW Rocco is heavy ...after a while carrying it you will get tired and that's with nothing in it. I have the speedy 30's in admire and monogram and still love them...really classy I just don't like how popular they have become.

I'd go for the speedy over the rockie. Mainly because of the weight of the rockie. I tried the rocco and sold it after only using it a week it was pretty heavy and as much as I love the textured leather and studs. I was SO excited when the rockie came out tried hoping that because of the smaller size and less studs would make it a lot lighter. It was slightly lighter however once I filled it up with my stuff and I don't carry a lot of stuff I felt it was still too heavy for everyday use. If you want to be able to wear the speedy crossbody the speedy B will be coming out in DA later this year. I don't recall when but if you check out the LV reference forum you can find out. Although I'd be hesitant to wear it crossbody because of color transfer.