LV at Work

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. New here. Hello everyone!

Anyways, where do you stash your bag at work? I'd especially like to hear from folks who aren't at a desk all day (I'm a teacher) or who don't have a lot of places to "hide" a bag. Thanks.

2. teachers lounge? lol

3. I'm one of these lucky people that has a drawer at my desk to hide my LVs. :P

4. I'm a teacher and I have a locking cabinet that I put it in. I always lock my bag and other personal stuff. I teach High School and things get stolen all the time. If you dont have a cabinet or lockers that lock, then I would suggest a desk drawer or something else hidden.

5. Lol, um, teacher's lounge is OUT for sure. I can't even be sure that my lunch won't get stolen in there (it's happened twice this year).

6. i may have to look into buying a locker for myself since I have nothing in my room that locks. No desk drawers (literally), no filing cabinet. Nothing. Yay for working in an underfunded county. Anyways, I think that'll end up being the best option.

7. I am a teacher also, and I have a locking file cabinet as well as desk drawer where I put my bags. I am not to concerned about my bags (since I work in a HE area). However, last year I was in a lower economic area, and had to leave my bags at home. I cannot imagine taking my purse to the HS. I worked there for a while and was amazed at how often things disappeared (partly because I think the students know what stuff was worth!). If you cannot lock it up, I would leave it at home.

8. I agree with the above poster, put in a locked cabinet. If you don't have one, just leave it at home and not risk having someone stealing it from you.

9. I just leave it on my desk or sometimes I put it in a drawer

10. I've decided to stop carrying LV when I "work" in the hospital... (actually it's school for me)

I used to feel awkward sans LV, but now... I'm kinda shocked by my own actions... :shrugs:

11. I often work client locations M-F, where I have no real space to call my own, so most often my LV is in a spare chair in the conference room, just sitting on the desk top or sitting on the floor in a corner. (NOTE: just to be clear 'corner floor sitting' means Pegase 60 on the floor with LV laptop bag or purse piled on top! :smile:)

Rarely do I have a place to 'hide' my LV, so I don't. But it's not ever been a problem in the office settings that I have been in. It might be very different in a different setting such as a school.

12. Sorry, I am one of those office type people who puts her bag under her desk...

13. l would not take the chance...we have a number code on our door, so mine are safe x

14. I am barely at my desk too. My bag is inside the cabinet at my workstation which I do not lock, sometimes on the chair. I've got great honest colleagues.

15. I put it in the corner on a small chair. I am a teacher too (elementary). I also carry it when I take the students to my preps and lunch.