LV Artsy MM or Chanel GST?

ValenTina xxo

louboutin love <3
Dec 3, 2011
Hi Everyone,

My BF says I can pick one new bag for Valentines day, and I am having the hardest time deciding between these two bags. I have wanted both for a while now...

Should I get the Artsy MM in Monogram or the Chanel GST in Black Caviar with GHW?

I want a bag I can carry around fairly frequently. I've heard scary stuff about Chanel's GST quality lately, so I'm a little worried about that one although I love the look of the bag. Does anyone have any thoughts or expierences with the quality of either bag?

thank youuuu :heart:

I have a GST purchased just last August and no problems yet. Just stuff it when you're not using it and store it in its box. I recommend going Caviar; it's more durable.

As much as I love LV, I like the GST more than the Artsy.

I prefer the GST to the Artsy but agree with the others who've mentioned recent quality issues. I also find the inevitable sagging a bit of a turn off - it just looks a little strange on anotherwise pretty structured bag. So of the two I would say get the Artsy as the present and keep an eye out for an older, well looked after GST which will probably serve you a lot better than the new ones. GLD - its a fun dilemma to have! :biggrin:

I had 6 GST's and will never buy another one. I love them when they are new and hate them after they start sagging. I had 4 in the caviar and 2 in the patent. They really lose their structure and I have definitely seen a decline in the quality through the years. It does not matter how you store it. The bottom corners will sag with time and use no matter what. I love the artsy and I think you will enjoy it much more and it will remain much nicer looking for alot longer. For the same price as the GST ($2900), you can get an artsy, wallet, scarf, and cles. Good luck!

Thanks for your input everyone!!! Very helpful!

I love both bags but I think I like the GST slightly more, it's actually my favourite Chanel bag by far so I'm pretty sad about the quality issues you bring up. :sad: Hmmm, I wish I could buy an older one but I'm really scared to do that... Purchasing from the boutique is just so much easier.

The sagging is definetly a big issue to me... This may be stupid, but can you put any kind of purse liner in it to stop the look of sagging while you use it? Sort of like those things people put in Speedy bags?

Hi! I have a GST and to be honest---the sagging really bothers me as well. I take REALLY good care of my bags and have layed that one down sideways when not using and stuffed and it still sags (it is pre-2008). I looove Chanel and I just posted about debating between the Evora and a Chanel cerf tote and whats holding me back is the sagging that could occur with the chanel cerf so thats why i am leaning towards Evora. I think your Artsy will stand the test of time and to be honest I can't say the GST will just on how mine has performed.

Good luck!

MarinaStarr, I haven't really considered the Artsy in empreinte just because I have quite a bit of LV but don't have any of the classic coated canvas kind yet... So I think it's about time I got one! Although I definetly agree with you, the empreinte is very luxurious and beautiful.

Thank you CCmoiselleCC and washlz! You bring up really good points... I could see myself definetly feeling the same way as I am very very picky with stuff like that. Its a shame because the GST is so beautiful I think.

Do you know of any Chanel's that I could buy in the boutique that will hold up better? I don't like the flap ones for myself at all personally (although I love em when others rock em), but I'm thinking I may have to end up with one of them. wahhhhh! :sad:

^^I know how you feel, i really wanted a luminuse and then I Found out about all the quality issues... My friend's mom bought a GST in April and she hates how floppy it is. She wanted it so bad and thought it wouldn't bother her but it did tremendously. I would do the emperiente leather