lv artsy info from sa

I tried it on two days ago and didn't find it that hard, granted it was empty. It appeared more flexible or fairly easy to bend and I was told it would soften over time as you wear the bag. Who know's, I'm picking mine up today and will see what it feels like with my actual stuff in it.
I just got mine today the MM, the GM was just too big, not good for everyday, the MM just perfect, I find the strap to be a work of art with all the braiding, and secured in a great way so there is no way the metal will ever rub or mark the vachetta! The strap is pretty flexible and I am sure with wear will only get better with time. It is squishy and very comfortable on the shoulder. I was skeptical but can assure you all, it is a perfect shoulder bag and the interior multiple compartments are amazing!! Love it!!:biggrin:

I just got mine today the MM, the GM was just too big, not good for everyday, the MM just perfect, I find the strap to be a work of art with all the braiding, and secured in a great way so there is no way the metal will ever rub or mark the vachetta! The strap is pretty flexible and I am sure with wear will only get better with time. It is squishy and very comfortable on the shoulder. I was skeptical but can assure you all, it is a perfect shoulder bag and the interior multiple compartments are amazing!! Love it!!:biggrin:

I totally agree! The GM is huge!! My SA said they had some trouble with the vachetta on the Galliera becoming scratched from the metal so they reworked the whole handle on the Artsy. I am in love with my bag!

PS. LV-nowwhatI am 5'10 and slim to average build and the handle fits me fine!

i just got off the phone with an sa at the natick, ma store. she said that the artsy gm is very large, while the mm is a great everyday size. she said that the strap is very similar to the looping strap- just like it, in fact. hard, round strap. i hope not- i think this could be 'the one' bag for me- but if the strap is uncomfortable...

Tough call. I sold my Looping because I just couldn't get used to the strap. It was hard, always slid off my shoulder, etc. I'm a firm believer in only keeping what you're going to love and use! There are other threads, though, in which Artsy owners say, like the ones listed here, that, though the strap is rounded like the Looping, it has been "improved" and is more comfortable when worn. Maybe you can go and try it on? Put your stuff into it and walk around the store; see how it feels on the shoulder. That's what I do when I'm thinking about buying something, but it doesn't scream "buy me" right away. My SA always has me take it for a test drive! ;) Good Luck!!