LV and the quality

it is glazing, its two pieces of vachetta sewn together and glazed on the sides.
It’s painted. Glazing isn’t grained like that. Glazing is smoother and thicker.
Guys, you're talking about the same thing. "glazing" is a TPF term, practically nonexistent among leather-craftsmen. I never use it on the forum to follow the customs of the craft itself. It is edge painting or edge coating, but it is practically the same thing. In the case of VVN, it is just a single layer of paint, painted on. On edges, the paint is not smeared with a brush/qtip, instead they just let the drops of paint sit and dry there. And apply another one. Than another one. This is how we get the millimeter thick edge coating. Of course, Vuitton has a machine for the second task that applies the layers VERY quickly. Nothing Hermès like, when the edges need hours to be done on a bag.

Reactions: Madrye28
Guys, you're talking about the same thing. "glazing" is a TPF term, practically nonexistent among leather-craftsmen. I never use it on the forum to follow the customs of the craft itself. It is edge painting or edge coating, but it is practically the same thing. In the case of VVN, it is just a single layer of paint, painted on. On edges, the paint is not smeared with a brush/qtip, instead they just let the drops of paint sit and dry there. And apply another one. Than another one. This is how we get the millimeter thick edge coating. Of course, Vuitton has a machine for the second task that applies the layers VERY quickly. Nothing Hermès like, when the edges need hours to be done on a bag.
Thanks for the explanation! One layer of painting on Neverfull straps! Got it!

Reactions: BULL
I have just purchased a Louis Vuitton Wild at Heart neverfull in black that has a bunch in the inside lining near a a rivet. It cannot be smoothed flat. The bag has been authenticated twice and I see nothing else that would hint at it not being authentic. I have this bag in the cream and it’s not like that. Has anyone else seen this issue in the lining of an authentic bag?

Reactions: uhpharm01