LV and stereotypes

Im 15 years old. Asian, race-wise.

^ that gets a lot of people talking already.

However, I see myself as a pretty strong, independent WOMAN. I dont give in to other people's opinion of me, I listen to my own voice. You make who you are, your life cannot be focused around what other people think.

People assume that Im probably buying a LV to take it back to China to make a fake. HELLO, haha im not even from China, and my family strongly dissapproves of fakes.

Im 15 years old, wow your dad must sell drugs or something to buy you designer stuff like that. ONLY ONE OF MY BAGS WAS GIVEN TO ME WITHOUT PAY, from my grandfather, who has now passed. He gave it to me cause he knew he was dying and wanted to get me something that would have some sentimental value in my heart.

I just go through life itself (not concerning LV bags) knowing that people can talk, but few can talk and walk.

they also assume that i am spoiled because i have these things, but spoiled isnt about what you have, it is an attitude.

AMEN! I've met so many people with the worst attitude ever who goes around telling me that I'm spoiled because I have lots of designer bags and generally get a lot of things from my parents (not designer bags though, I pay for them myself). I'm not denying that I am spoilt (however, I am grateful so I guess that's a matter of definition), but at least I don't pretend I'm not and think I have the right to keep it against others that they're spoiled when my attitude is the worst ever:mad:

I hate the "You're rich aren't you question?" It's awful, and how are you even supposed to respond to that?

exactly! its like if i went to someone carrying a plain like old navy tote or something and saying "well your bag was $10, so you must be poor right?" :wtf: same thing, and they're both absolutely rude :yucky:

I don't know if I notice that so much. I mean, people will look at my bag but I don't notice "strange" looks or anything like that. I don't know if they think it's fake or not, but I guess I don't really care what they think.

I just love bags so much that I guess I don't care about any of the other stuff that goes along with them! ....well, except for the PRICE!!! Ha ha!!

ITA! :heart:

but spoiled isnt about what you have, it is an attitude.

Very well said! :yes:

LV is so obsecure where I live; I have seen two authentic bags in the whole 9 months I have lived here. If someone noticed my bags, I am not sure there would be any sterotyping. I know that I do not make any assumptions unless the bag is an obvious fake.

ya happens to me all the time... people stare and stare and bulge out their eyes out at me. Recently at school, I walked by a girl and a guy sitting together and the guy said really loud: "SLUT"... and I was all covered up in boots, jeans, and my big furry winter jacket... Meh...bothered me for like 5 mins, but after i become indifferent about it. People are mean everywhere and I guess we just have to deal with it. Oh ya, I'm 20 years old... guess this doesn't help...

OMG! That is so rude of that guy! How can he call you a 'SLUT' for what you're carrying or have on (big furry winter jacket, it's not like it's a tube top in the middle of winter!). Gosh...I hate people like that! :cursing:

I get 'looks' but don't really care for what others think, knowing that mine is real. I do feel uneasy at times when carrying my LVs at certain places where the style of high fashion is desirable KWIM?

Im 15 years old. Asian, race-wise.

^ that gets a lot of people talking already.

However, I see myself as a pretty strong, independent WOMAN. I dont give in to other people's opinion of me, I listen to my own voice. You make who you are, your life cannot be focused around what other people think.

People assume that Im probably buying a LV to take it back to China to make a fake. HELLO, haha im not even from China, and my family strongly dissapproves of fakes.

Im 15 years old, wow your dad must sell drugs or something to buy you designer stuff like that. ONLY ONE OF MY BAGS WAS GIVEN TO ME WITHOUT PAY, from my grandfather, who has now passed. He gave it to me cause he knew he was dying and wanted to get me something that would have some sentimental value in my heart.

I just go through life itself (not concerning LV bags) knowing that people can talk, but few can talk and walk.

:cursing: One thing that bother me even more than bag stereotypes is racial stereotypes!! :cursing:

I haven't run into too many attitudes. For this area (midwestern and very conservative), a woman my age (36) carrying LV is unusual. It is generally reserved for older women who have "made it". But I figure I am close enough to that age where I can carry real bags and wear real jewelry and fewer people will assume it is fake. Heck, I don't think about what I'm carrying a lot when I'm out, so I might miss a lot of reactions because I'm not paying attention anyway!

Here, people either think I'm carrying a fake/stuck-up/or they have no clue about the brand of bag I'm wearing. I personally prefer them not knowing what I'm carrying because then they treat me like a human being instead of just assuming that I think I'm better than them. I definitely do not think that! A bag is just that: a bag. I'm no better than anyone else and it's upsetting when people just assume such things :confused1:. Oh'well, there's not much I can do about it, and I'm certainly not going to stop carrying bags I love just because someone isn't willing to look past my exterior :yes:.

People assume you're rich or they think you think that you're better than others.

I hate it,especially when people just judge you its stupid. Especially that I am a Latina teenage girl people just label my stuff is fake. Once someone asked if my dad was in a drug trade?:yucky: . Its stupid & ignorant. I get alot of stares from other girls my age though,but I really dont care. I also hate the fact how others think im a snob because my favorite designers are high end & I like high end products.