LV and patina

1. Exclusive early access to the Fendi.com online sale for TPFers! To access, hit the link above, then navigate to Woman and then SALE to get early access before anyone else!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Am I weird, but I think I prefer LV Monogram bags with some sort of patina to it already. What are everyone else's thoughts on this?

2. I do to, a honey tone looks nicer than the very light patina.

3. same here, i enjoy lv monogram bags that look a little used (lovingly ofcourse), the darker handles and piping remind me of just how worth it they are.

4. I like LV's better w/the patina, too. I read somewhere that in Japan they won't carry their LV's til they have a patina.

Here's a pic of my speedy, I like the patina on it and I don't want it to get any darker :biggrin:

lvpatina.JPG
  5. Agreed. Am looking forward to my bags developing a nice patina.

6. I guess I'd have to be the dissenter to this.. I prefer my bags without patina, when my bags do develop a darker tone, I'm just going to get the leather replaced on them.. !

7. I have to agree with the most of you, I too like when the leather gets darker:p I have a concern though:huh: I wonder how the darker leather will look on my Denim Neo Speedy:worried: Does anyone have a Denim bag that’s gone darker yet, if you do please post pictures:smile:

8. I think I like the lighter look as well.

9. i like them better with patina as well. actually i am almost like the japanese: i'll put my new speedy infront of the window when it is sunny so that she developes a patina and i check everyday if it got darker. can't see anything so far but that's may be because it is winter here and there is not much sun about.;) i know i am crazy

10. Well I've got to try that...I don't want to carry it if it looks brand new. I love the patina. I have an ellipse that I'll work on. ;)

11. You should get your bag a membership to a tanning salon! :lol:

12. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny! I think because I really like them with some sort of patina on it, I wouldn't purchase it "new" - I'm too impatient to wait for it to develop! I may scope out some on eBay (although I'm weary only because the Monogram Canvas is replicated so much) or wait until the Damier Canvas Speedy.

13. as i have posted before, i'm not a fan of the patina. it's the main reason why i don't purchase any lv bags with light leather trim.

14. I love a light patina...when i bought my popincourt in the summer I tanned it outside in the back yard to get a patina before I would use it. I don't like it too dark...my speedy 30 is getting dark and I'm thinking about selling it and getting a new one.

15. I'm with you :biggrin: I think a darker patina looks better with the brown of the monogram canvas.