LV and fake sellers...???

what??? Sorry, I really don't understand! How does LV know that she sells fakes??? :confused1:

as for carrying fakes to the LV boutique or carrying them out in the streets... meh... I think I've passed the point of caring....

I understand that the fake bag would be that persons propert- but do not walk into a boutique with it. I think I would be okay with them confiscating the bags. The person should want them to take to save them the embarrassment of walking around with a 'knowing' fake.

Yeah same here. The other day I saw a mom with a fake MC Speedy and the daughter with a fake Vive Cite GM and they were looking at some of the Pomme vernis stuff.
I wonder if some people buy fakes on ebay or some other sites thinking they're real because of the price. Most people don't have alot of knowledge of real vs fake bag, from what I've seen. That's the only explanation I can think of why someone would proudly flaunt a fake.
icon8.gif

I wonder if some people buy fakes on ebay or some other sites thinking they're real because of the price. Most people don't have alot of knowledge of real vs fake bag, from what I've seen. That's the only explanation I can think of why someone would proudly flaunt a fake.
icon8.gif

I agree. I watched a show once and they interviewed random people with designer bags and most of the bags were fake. But the person carring the bag thought it was real because they either paid close to retail on ebay, bought it from a wealthy estate sale, or a trusted friend gave them the bag. It's too bad because they assumed it was real, but it wasn't.

Sigh...fakes are always going to be around, as long as I'm carrying the real thing, I don't care. The lady was probably checking out the bags so she can compare her own "products" to the real LVs.

^ I know that in France, if she put her fake bag on the counter or walked in with it, the LV staff would've had the right to ask her to forfeit the bag and then cut it up in the backroom. They're totally kicking @$$ in France against fakes! :yes:

haha! i would pay to see them cut it up in front of their faces!!! haha..

^^^ wow you serious! Yeh but is anyone that stupid to walk into LV with a fake bag? Do they think the SAs wont know!

i've seen plenty of people walk in with their fake bags and think they have a right to act all b****y/snooty/etc.. even while talking to my SA's.. we'll glance over and then look at each other just to give confirmation. it's sad really.. then they'll have the nerve to point all out the 'bags they own'. o geeze.

i know in retail, we keep track of customers that return a lot or have a history of trying to buy something at one store, and returning it at another store.. or doing so without receipts, or over the time limit and causing a ruckus in the store.. companies keep track of a lot of customer info.. but knowing who sells fakes/etc... that's a little more techy than companies would admit to investing in.

perhaps someone tipped LV corporate or that store about the lady with the fake bag, or the SA's noticed it before she even came in.. there are many possibilities here. what i see happening a lot, is someone buying an entire collection from an LE line, or a few of a new model/style.. and returning them within 14 days, but no less than 7 days.. that's more than enough time for fake-makers, to take all sorts of pictures and note details of whatever they bought.. and return it.. so they can make what we call "Super Fake"s.

Plus, I guess with all the identity fraud and alot of people have the same last names like smith, they can't really do much, and they can't really tell if it is you.