LV and disinfectant wipes

Alienza

Aug 11, 2015
Hi all!
I am still using damier neverfull everyday during this pandemic. And i have been disinfecting it whenever i arrive home with all sorts of disinfectant wipes and sometimes floor wipes :biggrin:. So far my bag is still ok, nothing is rubbing off, no colour change. So I’m quite impressed with the quality of LV canvas. My question is can I use disinfectant wipes on other types of LV such as mahina, empreinte or even coloured canvas (thinking of buying rose ballerine caissa wallet)? Please share your experiences...Thank you!

I have been using alcohol wipes (>70%) on Empriente Key Pouch...followed by cloth and water. Have been doing so since the lockdown in March, I wipe it about twice a week....no issue so far.

Reactions: Inspir!t
Our store manager explicitly said that no alcohol based disinfectant (and all of them are) should be touching the leather or the canvas. It will damage it sooner or later, and it is not considered the fault of the product. If you are paranoid, just leave the bag sit for a week and use another. But daily alcohol treatment, even if wiped off after, will be ruin the bag very soon.

Thanks for the advice everyone! It looks like I should not use disinfectant wipes on my LVs...My neverfull is my shopping bag and work bag and I'm too lazy to move its contents to a different bag :biggrin:. Like I said so far it looks fine. I knew LV is durable (I had a wallet that last 20 years and still looked good), but I didnt know it could handle floor wipes! If its that strong, I might take it hiking next time :biggrin:. I will continue to monitor the condition but I will not use disinfectant wipes on my other LVs for now. Thanks again!

Last edited:
I have been using a vintage Epi bag, and was thinking of starting to use my better bags. Then yesterday I dropped hand sanitizer on it. Wiped it off immediately but there is a big light spot on the leather. The front, of course. I haven’t tried conditioning it but it looks like it ate through the coating on the leather. Ugh.

Our store manager explicitly said that no alcohol based disinfectant (and all of them are) should be touching the leather or the canvas. It will damage it sooner or later, and it is not considered the fault of the product. If you are paranoid, just leave the bag sit for a week and use another. But daily alcohol treatment, even if wiped off after, will be ruin the bag very soon.
letting the bag sit for a week without wiping it initially still works?