LV Amber tote fake HELP

caseydae

Aug 25, 2008
First, let me apologize if I am posting in the wrong spot. I am new and a bit lost. I bought a LV large Amber tote about 2 years ago on e-bay and at the time knew nothing about fakes. I recently purchased two authentic LV bags from 100% sellers that are beautiful. I decided to sell some purses from my closet and one was the Amber tote. I honestly could not remember what I paid since it was long ago. I looked up the tote by google and found it to be sold out and the picture looked just like mine. Anyway, I received a message from e-bay that they removed my listing because of misrepresenting it. I am 100% buyer and new seller on E-bay so was quite taken aback by this. Then, after some research I realized mine must be fake. This is the deal. I honestly had no idea. The totes are a bit different then the purses and the truth is I bought that from a seller on E-bay thinking it was the real deal. I am going to try and go back through my paypal records and see if I can find the seller, but then what? I am thinking since it has been so long, I am basically out the money. What also bothers me is that I was sold a fake a few years back and had no clue. Why did E-bay not do anything to stop that seller? I was given three very general answers from E-bay that really did not help me as to what happened here.
Thanks for your input.

Casey

Last edited:
Since I have been reading other threads about E-bay taking listings off and feel like I am not alone, maybe I can post pictures of the tote. Maybe it's real, I don't honestly know but would love an opinion. I can't figure out how to attach the photos from my computer. Help!!

Post pictures of it in the authenticate this LV thread (in the LV section) and the members there will be able to help you authenticate it. To post pictures, try using a site like photobucket to upload them first.

Before jumping to conclusions that it's fake, post pics to the LV thread as mentioned above. Just because *bay removed it, doesn't necessarily mean it's fake. It could be a disgruntled seller PO'd that you're competing with their sales, etc. that turned you in. So don't fret yet, it may just be authentic.

If for some reason it is a fake? Well, I'm afraid too much time has elapsed for either *bay or PP to do anything. I believe the max timeframe is 45 days from day/sale. I hope this won't be the issue for you, but if it is, just chalk it up to experience when purchasing designer handbags on *bay.

I checked at your profile and I realize that you went on the LV forum and they sent you back here...

What you need to do in the LV auth. forum is post pictures of your bag (don't need to explain your whole situation with Ebay). They will tell you what they need to see to authenticate it. If its fake, you won't be able to sell it on Ebay.

Unfortunately, thats a sad lesson the majority learned before coming on this site: buying an expensive fake bag and being stucked with it. I threw one in the garbage last year when the MJ girls told me my 600$ Stam was fake...

Good luck. The only recourse you may have, if it turns out it is a fake, is to check on how long the credit card company will back you, if your pay pal account is backed by a credit card. If it is fake you are probably out of luck on that one, but just know in the future to get items authenticated.

Thanks for trying to help but for some reason, I can't figure it out. Big favor to ask of someone because I really want to authenticate this LV. Can I e-mail someone my pictures that can put them up for me? Please let me know and thanks for your help.

^You don't have enough posts yet to PM or be PMed, but you can upload the pictures to photobucket.com and post the links in the LV authentication thread so we can look at them for you. :yes:

*Bay has removed my authentic handbags recently too and I post 12 or more pictures and 1 picture always includes the original receipt showing that it is authentic, but that does not always mean anything, to *Bay anyway.

Your bag could indeed be real and because perhaps you never sell authentic bags, or somebody questioned something on your bag (it only takes 1 out of million people), *Bay decided to pull your listing. They do not state that it is not authentic so you never truly know. I would authenticate it here or bring it to a local LV store. I would not jump to conclusions so quickly just because the bay thinks you are violating some rule of theirs. You will see from reading these posts that the scammers and fake sellers are still selling and the honest, hardworking sellers and buyers, who are selling authentic items, are being hurt by their stupidity.