LV alma vs. Novak

star3777 said:
I would choose the LV if your not going for the crocodile. :lol:
Seriously, I love the novak but the leather on it won't last as long as the Epi. The LV is way more timeless for me, it's not as similar to a bowling bag.

I think you make great points- the novak is amazing in croc, leather is ofoucrse nice but there just isnt that wow factor to it.

madeline said:
I think you make great points- the novak is amazing in croc, leather is ofoucrse nice but there just isnt that wow factor to it.

I agree that in just plain leather, the Novak is much more scratchable ... but then again, isn't everything in croc have a million times more wow factor, no matter the bag? It's like making the birkin vs. birkin in croc comparison.

I think you should consider when you will be carrying the bag. The epi on the alma is more practical, the alma shape is classic, so it depends on how careful you're willing to be.

My next LV bag is going to be a Damier Alma, I think. I've seen a few of these around and they really look nice.

I like the croc Novak, but don't know if it would be as much of an everyday bag as the Alma.

OMG, NOVAK all the way! It is so chic and unique. I get compliments on it whenever I wear it. It definitely has a "wow" factor. This is my own personal opinion so no offense to anyone that likes LV but I find their bags too logo-y.

The inside of the Novak is not suede; it has a fabric lining (off white or light tan). It does scratch easily (I wrote that before) but the scratches give it a cool, vintage-y look. It is just so striking.

I guess the final question is whether you want something more cutting edge and rare or not...depends on your personality too. I am sure you will love whatever you decide so good luck and happy new year!

i agree i'm starting to really like the novak. it's different. NAP has them in red red and chocolate. which do you guys like better? price is reasonable. about 1000.

Love that Damier Alma, great to look at in person....so classy....would get it in the future!!!

pseub said:
My next LV bag is going to be a Damier Alma, I think. I've seen a few of these around and they really look nice.

I like the croc Novak, but don't know if it would be as much of an everyday bag as the Alma.

pseub said:

The Damier Alma is gorgeous in person Pseub! That bag was in the running when I got my Ribera--I just wanted the larger bottom because I have a habit of losing things in the bottom of my bag :shame: Still, the Alma is an excellent classic choice.

fayden said:
i agree i'm starting to really like the novak. it's different. NAP has them in red red and chocolate. which do you guys like better? price is reasonable. about 1000.

I think the red Novak is stunning, and between the two I'd definitely go for the red. It's a show-stopper. :love:

My vote is for the Novak if your looking for a classy "wow" factor bag. The LV is classy but that particular bag doesn't have the "wow' that the Novak has.

If you guys were to rate one over the other, which would you rate more beautiful and classier looking? I'm considering getting one of these, but not sure yet. Anyways, they both are nice....but I would only get one...for now!

could I hear your votes for either the LV alma or Novak....

thanks!
novak, but isnt it soooooo much more expensive??