LV alma damier ebene or in the speedy 30

dannii

O.G.
Jul 28, 2009
Hi
I currently have a LV speedy 30 in damier ebene and am lusting over the LV alma in damier ebene. Although I don't have any bags in the alma, I do have the speedy in a monogram 30 also. I have plenty of other LV & Chanel bags which I like to alternate, however I'm not sure I want 2 in the ebene color as I don't wear it as much as my other bags. So my question is, do I sell the 1 I have and then pay the difference to buy it in the Alma, or do I keep the 1 I have and eventually purchase the alma also, even though I don't wear this color often anyway?

Hi
I currently have a LV speedy 30 in damier ebene and am lusting over the LV alma in damier ebene. Although I don't have any bags in the alma, I do have the speedy in a monogram 30 also. I have plenty of other LV & Chanel bags which I like to alternate, however I'm not sure I want 2 in the ebene color as I don't wear it as much as my other bags. So my question is, do I sell the 1 I have and then pay the difference to buy it in the Alma, or do I keep the 1 I have and eventually purchase the alma also, even though I don't wear this color often anyway?
I'd keep the Speedy and get an Epi or Vernis Alma later.

since you already have a speedy and you prefer an alma I think you should sell/buy
however, I love speedys and I think alma looks better in other patters like the epi or the vernis
than the ebene so if you can stay with onne and save up for the other
alma is a wonderful bag

I love the alma but would keep the speedy and save for the alma :smile: it is much more structured in comparison to the speedy, and you never know when you'll need a grab and go bag, so the speedy is an essential in my opinion :smile:

Wow! Everyone has picked the speedy over alma in Damier Ebene! I thought it would swing towards the alma in Favour more. I'm still trying to decide, but any more feedback would be much appreciated

I'd go with keeping the Speedy, and getting an epi or vernis alma later perhaps.

I had both Speedy 30 de and alma pm de, and found myself not using the alma so much. It was a bit small for my everyday use, but a bit too casual for me to use for more dressy occasions.
I decided to get an epi alma instead, as I want a more dressy alma. Now looking at epi noir/electric noir.

I love the alma. If you already have a mono speedy and a DE speedy then id sell the DE and get the DE alma, unless another print suits you better? But if you rarely wear this print, I can't really see the point in you having two!
Good luck

i prefer speedy over alma as well. also with the alma de, i worry about scuffs on the ebene leather bottom . just saw a photo of one with a pretty visible nick. they are both beautiful bags but for me, the speedy.

Keep Speed DE and save for Alma in another print since you don't use DE print much. However if you don't use Speedy much, you can sell Speedy DE and get Alma DE, because you already have a Speedy in Monogram.
The second option leaves you with 2 styles, 2 prints, 2 bags.
The first option leaves you with 2 styles, 3 prints, 3 bags.
The second options takes less time since you don't have to save as much to make up the diffence.
The first option takes you longer to save up.
Good luck with your decision!