Luxury Theft and Break-In Locations, share your news!

Hey guys!
This thread is off topic and there's more than a few posts that walk our politics line (or literally stomp on the line!)
Please stay completely on topic:
"Please share what you know about any recent store robberies or personal robberies, and please tell us the location and approximate timeframe of the occurrence."

Opinions of lawmakers, classism, etc. . . isn't part of the intended discussion.
We cleaned up this current/last page to make sure everything here, and forward, remains on topic please. :flowers:

BEVERLY BOULEVARD
‘Give Me Your Rolex Right Now': Man Recalls Terrifying Encounter With Armed Thief at Beverly Center Parking Lot

Eric Jackson was putting his shopping bags into a friend's car Thursday outside the Beverly Center when he was pistol-whipped by a man who demanded his $30,000 Rolex.

"He told me to take my Rolex off," he said the man demanded. "It took me a minute because I don’t have long fingernails to relax the grasp on it. And he was like he was going to shoot me if I didn’t hurry up. And I told him it was going to take me a minute because I don’t have a nail so then he waited for a good 30 seconds while I tried to get it off and then I gave it to him and he ran up the stairs in the mall."

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...center-after-report-of-armed-robbery/2881387/

BEVERLY BOULEVARD
‘Give Me Your Rolex Right Now': Man Recalls Terrifying Encounter With Armed Thief at Beverly Center Parking Lot

Eric Jackson was putting his shopping bags into a friend's car Thursday outside the Beverly Center when he was pistol-whipped by a man who demanded his $30,000 Rolex.

"He told me to take my Rolex off," he said the man demanded. "It took me a minute because I don’t have long fingernails to relax the grasp on it. And he was like he was going to shoot me if I didn’t hurry up. And I told him it was going to take me a minute because I don’t have a nail so then he waited for a good 30 seconds while I tried to get it off and then I gave it to him and he ran up the stairs in the mall."

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...center-after-report-of-armed-robbery/2881387/
Terrible! The victim is from Dallas and had just arrived in LA!:shocked: I'm glad the police were able to catch the robber and he got his rolex returned.

Los Angeles is quickly becoming a hellhole now. I don't think I want to come back there anymore. :sad: I have family friends living down there, too. Hopefully they will be smart and keep their valuables at home.

My cousin is getting married down there too in a few months. Dunno if I want to risk going there looking all dressed up when these lowlife s***heads are going to potentially rob us.
BEVERLY BOULEVARD

I am private so I won't say much, but my home was robbed recently and my insurance company said unequivocally "break ins and theft are UP!!"
They got us good, took everything except the ring on my finger and the watch on my DH's wrist. Aside from the high value in goods they took, and the damage to my home, they broke my family's and my general sense of safety and contentment. Completely offensive and devastating. When I spoke to my jeweler he said it's way up there too (he's in LA) and said his local clients don't wear jewelry out and dine out and are out shopping less now. I am very frustrated that we have to edit our lives and what we choose to wear, drive, etc. . . because of lazy individuals that would rather take than earn.

As far as policing the thread, we can. The OP has requested it be a beneficial thread so people can find news and info and we are happy to try and help honor that preference.

I'm so sorry to hear. I imagine you're still in shock that this happened. I understand how your sense of safety and contentment is broken. I hope you can find ways to make you, your family and home feel safer again.

The Rolls Royce was likely stolen too.
These thugs are getting so brazenly out of control. What kind of families were they raised in? In what world is this to become acceptable and inevitable?
I have now stopped ordering online from Hermes and Louis Vuitton, etc. Who wants to risk having these losers follow a delivery person, or worse, be the delivery person that later returns to rob your house?

a bit OT as this isn't luxury but I've been seeing reports on the neighbor website (Next Door) of people boldly gathering food in the grocery store and just walking out with it. apparently they know the police won't show and if they were arrested it would be a misdemeanor. again, costs all of us.

edit to say - maybe if you're stealing expensive steaks it's luxury too

Last edited:
I have now stopped ordering online from Hermes and Louis Vuitton, etc. Who wants to risk having these losers follow a delivery person, or worse, be the delivery person that later returns to rob your house?
Unless you 1) don't want to wear the items in public; or 2) have instances where thieves follow UPS, FedEx,
etc., having something shipped should not be a problem. These stores require signatures at delivery. You can ask that the package be delivered to your local e.g. FedEx so you can pick it up. And they are packed in plain brown boxes that do not identify the sender. For example, Hermes return address for me is [M. Smith, xx Wall St., NYC]. It doe snot say Hermes on it. So I am not sure of the issue. Do you have instances of FedEx or DHL etc delivery people coming back to burgle houses in your city. I think delivery is the safest way to get stuff now.

For anyone who live in LA, DO NOT SHOP at Melrose and Fairfax. Just avoid the shops there. My husband got mugged in broad daylight infront of supreme. I heard it’a a real hot spot for stuff like that. Also do not wear expensive watches or carry expensive purses in Beverly Hills. These scums are following people home and robbing them. This is what defund police has gotten us. Big mistake being lenient on petty crimes. Jesus, it’s the wild Wild West out there. I have had a gun pulled on me recently when I was walking my dog in wla wearing sweats and looking terrible. I was not looking at his face when it happened. All I could focus on was the gun and the fact I had zero money and phone. The fact that I was worried I had nothing on me for this scum to steal scared me to death. Luckily a person yelled out to the scum and he ran off but as a woman with one dog and a bag of poo, it is absolutely frightening. And I am going to be completely honest, I don’t even remember what he looked like. I can’t even tell you what race he was. It was all black/blank, like those blacked out lines from those federal documents, that is what the person looks like in my head. I can see the background and the gun but the actual person, no. Also for reference I am a person of color and the person who kpulled a gun on me I actually don’t remember at all. He could have been a purple zebra, I still could not pick him out from all the photos the police had me look through. As I was looking through the endless mugshots of “criminals” I hate saying this but I couldn’t tell anyone apart. I don’t know how other crime victims do it on TV because I had absolutely no clue. Mind is a scary thing under trauma.
Omg . I am glad you and your dog are safe. :shocked: Like @Ghettoe, i have felt relatively safe in NYC. I’m generally careful (jewelry covered by sleeves but I do wear RTW and bags.

@Swanky , i am so sorry this happened to you.

Last edited: