LUSH FASHIONS - The Company Is A Rip off

there is a uk company that sells lush bags, but doesn't have as large a range as the actual lush site. the prices are slightly higher though, but they provide you with their address and phone number and also have a 14 day guarantee......hmmmm....doesn't seem so dodgy this one....

i read in another forum that their products are decent and i think they also sell on ebay.

what do you think?

www.mybestbag.co.uk

Lush is Lush...wherever it comes from. In my opinion, the brand is terrible.
I was given one Lush bag as a gift and the zip broke within a day.
I have also seen a Lush 'b-bag' and the leather was stiff and felt tacky. Plus both bags had a stong smell of boot polish, which was possibly the scent of the dye that was used.
If you have to go down the inspired route, I would go with Besso.

OMG!
This is so funny that I came across this thread!
About 4+ years ago, I came across the lushfashions website and saw a bag that I really liked and couldn't believe the low price. So I ordered it, and was surprised when I got it so quickly, because it said on the shipping label it was shipped from CHINA!!! I opened it, and was immediately smacked in the face with a terrible strong chemical smell. Then I opened it, it was supposed to be "genuine leather". I don't know what it was, but it was NOT like any leather I had ever seen, felt, or smelled before! The color I chose was olive green, and there were big patches of really darks marks, almost like oil was spilled on it. It did not come off even when I tried to clean it. I contacted the complany, with no response, then I threatened to do a cc chargeback if they didn't help me, so I then got an email saying I could send it back at my shipping cost + a 15% restocking fee!!! (Sound familiar?) I just went ahead and did the cc chargeback and threw the bag in the garbage, which is where it belonged!
When I saw the thread title, I couldn't help but laugh! What a blast from the past! It was a funny and rediculously cheesy bag!
:roflmfao:
Are they really still in business???

now this is weird.....a whole forum of people who love lush bags and have had no problems with them whatsoever. i noticed the first message was posted in may this year. maybe they did a management switch this year or something...quality seems to have improved a lot...i think.....

http://www.handbag.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=423449&highlight=shoplush

I dont know about a 'whole forum' as Handbag isnt about 'handbags' and has loads of sections to it (parenting/sports/news etc).
You can always buy a Lush bag and see what you think. I think it depends alot on the bags you already have too. If my first ever bag was a Lush one then I would probably think they rock, but I had my first Lush bag after carrying Kooba's, IF's, Biasia's etc. and they all made lush look 'market'

Good luck.

I've had a couple of Lush bags and I've been quite happy with the quality. I wouldn't buy direct from Lush though as their customer service is appaulling - you're better off finding an ebay seller. I can't think of many high street brands that do a leather bag for the same money that are any better than Lush quality wise. Of course they are nowhere near designer standard, but if you want the style on a budget without resorting to buying a fake then go for it.

i just bought from them about a week ago and got the purple choo looka like, it is nice, and i got it in 2 days. I did not deal with the returns department but from what i see, it was good service for a really nice bag, i think i will buy again soon...unless someone can convince me otherwise

hey...feels kinda weird bumping this thread after two years of inactivity....

but since i can't afford a $1000+ handbag just yet and i was wondering if anyone has recently bought from shoplush?
how is their current quality?
and do they declare the full price you paid on the customs form, just want to know how much taxes and duties i should expect