Lunchbags?

tiggycat

Jul 29, 2009
I'm trying to force myself to take lunch to work, because I want to eat more vegetarian meals (difficult to get near where I work) and to control portion size and calories.

Can anyone recommend a good lunch bag? I have an insulated one (with the silver interior) and a padded/insulated one (with vinyl interior) but the brands I have both have a very bad chemical smell that doesn't go away no matter how long I air them out. They are Elle and Thermos, which I've heard were good brands but I'm not happy with these odours.

I don't really care if it is insulated or not because I have access to a fridge. Would it look funny if I used a (cheap, because I'd be leaving it unattended in the fridge) handbag?

I think it would look a little silly to open the fridge and see a handbag...but I have had really great luck with the lunch bags I've bought from TJMaxx, have you looked there?

I like those Vera Bradley ones, especially the VIP style

We don't have TJ Max in Canada but we have Winners which is similar. I'll try there first, I'd rather not order anything because there is no one home during the day and we always have to drive to 'the ends of the earth' to pick up a parcel.

i use the plastic little brown bag from Bloomingdales, mine is blue with shoes all over it :o) Ted Baker do some really nice similar style bags too, I have their carousel print one in the small size

I'm trying to force myself to take lunch to work, because I want to eat more vegetarian meals (difficult to get near where I work) and to control portion size and calories.

Can anyone recommend a good lunch bag? I have an insulated one (with the silver interior) and a padded/insulated one (with vinyl interior) but the brands I have both have a very bad chemical smell that doesn't go away no matter how long I air them out. They are Elle and Thermos, which I've heard were good brands but I'm not happy with these odours.

I don't really care if it is insulated or not because I have access to a fridge. Would it look funny if I used a (cheap, because I'd be leaving it unattended in the fridge) handbag?

I have been packing my vegetarian,vegan, and macro meals for work for over 30 years now and I have a collection of different lunch carriers and containers, etc. It all depends on the season and what I'm cooking which will determine which lunch kit or which containers I will use.

Right now I'm using the Nissan, stainless steel, wide mouth thermos to hold my homemade soups in. For other food items like sandwiches and fruit, I use my various sizes of Thai, Pinto containers that I buy when I'm in Thailand. They can also be ordered online, however there are fewer sizes. The ones that work really well, to carry various food items in, are the two-tiered ones.

I cut up two different kinds of fruit and put a different fruit in each tier. I also use the single,stainless steel Thai container to hold other types of food, like sandwiches. I pack them the night before work and store them in the fridge and then they're ready to go the next morning.

I find the Thai containers to be very sturdy, like Zebra brand and a few others. I have also bought stainless steel, tiffin containers, but they really vary in quality whereas the Thai ones I've never had problems with. Plus, I store every day food in them and put them in my refrigerator. I'll post some websites.

I then take the various containers and put them in both my BuiltNY lunch kit and my Fjallraven, mini, kanken backpack which works really well. Those two hold everything, including my glass beverage bottle.

http://www.altrec.com/grand-trunk/s...ferralID=3d16d18c-b466-11e0-be22-001b2166becc

(Thai pinto containers) above.

www.importfood.com/foodcarier.html (Thai pinto containers)

www.builtny.com/spicy-relish-lunch-tote-prod.html (lunch kit)

www.lunchbots.com (lunch containers)

www.happytiffen.com (tiffen containers)

www.fjallraven.us/p-56-knken-mini.aspx

I also use the Fjallraven to carry my containers in. They come in some great colors. I've bought Fjallraven since the 80s. They are an institution in Scandinavia and for decades have been seen in various sizes. The "mini" hasn't been around as long as the regular-sized one.

www.takeya.com (great glass water bottles to substitute plastic)

I get mine discounted on www.onekingslane.com and also www.thefoundary.com. There are other discount websites that I shop with that also run them from time to time. www.ruelala.com just ran them, but they were sold out before I could get some. I just ordered a bunch for presents, on The Foundary, as the friends seem to love them.

So, for making vegetarian lunch, one needs to think out of the box (lunch box), so to speak, and be creative with alternatives.

I hope the above websites are typed correctly. I'll try them out and if they aren't, I'll look them up and retype them.

I have been packing my vegetarian,vegan, and macro meals for work for over 30 years now and I have a collection of different lunch carriers and containers, etc. It all depends on the season and what I'm cooking which will determine which lunch kit or which containers I will use.

Right now I'm using the Nissan, stainless steel, wide mouth thermos to hold my homemade soups in. For other food items like sandwiches and fruit, I use my various sizes of Thai, Pinto containers that I buy when I'm in Thailand. They can also be ordered online, however there are fewer sizes. The ones that work really well to carry various food items in are the two-tiered ones.

I cut up two different kinds of fruit and put a different fruit in each tier. I also use the single,stainless steel Thai container to hold other types of food. like sandwiches. I pack them the night before work and store them in the fridge and then they're ready to go the next morning.

I find the Thai containers to be very sturdy, like Zebra brand and a few others. I have also bought stainless steel, tiffin containers, but they really vary in quality whereas the Thai ones I've never had problems with. Plus, I store every day food in them and put them in my refrigerator. I'll post some websites.

I then take the various containers and put them in both my BuiltNY lunch kit and my Fjallraven, mini, kanken backpack which works really well. Those two hold everything, including my glass beverage bottle.

http://www.altrec.com/grand-trunk/s...ferralID=3d16d18c-b466-11e0-be22-001b2166becc

(Thai pinto containers) above.

www.importfood.com/foodcarier.html (Thai pinto containers)

www.builtny.com/spicy-relish-lunch-tote-prod.html (lunch kit)

www.lunchbots.com (lunch containers)

www.happytiffen.com (tiffen containers)

www.fjallraven.us/p-56-knken-mini.aspx

I also use the Fjallraven to carry my containers in. They come in some great colors. I've bought Fjallraven since the 80s. They are an institution in Scandinavia and for decades have been seen in various sizes. The "mini" hasn't been around as long as the regular-sized one.

www.takeya.com (great glass water bottles to substitute plastic)

I get mine discounted on www.onekingslane.com and also www.thefoundary.com. There are other discount websites that I shop with that also run them from time to time. www.ruelala.com just ran them, but they were sold out before I could get some. I just ordered a bunch for presents, on The Foundary, as the friends seem to love them.

So, for making vegetarian lunch, one needs to think out of the box (lunch box), so to speak, and be creative with alternatives.

I hope the above websites are typed correctly. I'll try them out and if they aren't, I'll look them up and retype them.

Correction: www.takeyausa.com

The Classic Glass Water Bottle 16oz is great. And it fits perfectly in my Fjallraven. I like to also store juice or lemonade in it, with ice, on a warm day. It stays quite cold.

Correction:

http://importfood.com/zebra_thailand_cookware.html

Now, I'll try the above websites and hopefully they all work now. LOL!