Lunch

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am so sick of what I eat for lunch its always either honey turkey and tomato on whole wheat or occasionally on a roll. I switch it up to egg whites every once in a while or a salad. Any suggestions on what I can eat low fat low cal but different?:blah:

2. I try and make a substantial salad when I get bored with sandwiches. I buy rotisserie chicken at the store, remove the skin and shred the white meat and make a salad with romaine lettuce, sliced celery and carrots, and fat free shredded cheese, sliced hard boiled egg whites, and 1/2 sliced avocado with whatever dressing I feel like using. It becomes much more like a meal. You can leave the avocado out if you prefer for less fat, but I find it really makes it more enjoyable for me.

I also do lowfat chicken salad. Using the rotisserie chicken white meat (no skin) I shred about 3 oz's. I add 2-3 celery stalks chopped, 2 claussen garlic sandwhich slices chopped, 1 tbsp of fresh parsley minced, a 1/2 tsp of dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp of lemon juice, pinch of salt and pepper,1 tbsp of fat free sour cream and if you want to make it taste more like reg chicken salad add a bit of reduced fat mayo. It is low cal and tastes better than real chicken salad IMO. I put it on light wheat bread or whole grain with some lettuce slices and finish it off which a side salad or fruit.

now I'm hungry ;)

3. soup- there are so many varieties out there that its hard to get sick of it! A lot of weeks I make up a big batch of soup (italian wedding, matzoh ball, barley mushroom chicken, turkey chili are all examples) and I make sure to load it up with veggies and keep it low fat. I'll have a big bowl of soup and a yogurt and piece of fruit.

another idea if your sick of sandwiches is to maybe try a wrap or pita pocket to change it up a bit. or add different veggies to your current sanwhich (ie cucumbers, peppers, onions) I also like hummus on a lot of sandwiches.

hope that helps!

4. Beans! Very filling.

5. Oatmeal.

6. i have weight control oatmeal every am mixed with bear naked fit granola.. so good..great tasting filling breakfast with coffee

7. I usually try to do the substantial salad thing too...always a protein on it..chicken or boiled eggs..makes it more filling. I have been doing the chicken salad with romaine, green onion, chicken and some.. not alot..(because I like something crunchy in my salads).. of those chow mein noodles..and Trader Joe's spicy asian dressing/vinegrette 70 cals for 2 Tablespoons..not bad..I could eat it everyday. I just can't have lettuce..it doesn't fill me up.
    Soups too..something with vegi's, beans,etc....

8. These are some of my favorite lunches...
    - 1/2 cup of whole wheat spaghetti w/ marinara and roasted peppers
    - organic salad mix from Costco w/ tuna, olives and whatever else I feel like throwing in
    - tuna made w/ a little light mayo (or egg salad made w/ whites only and light mayo instead of regular) on whole wheat bread, or half of a whole wheat wrap or pita
    - turkey or lite ham on whole wheat
    - chicken soup or tomato made w/skim milk
    - Cabot reduced fat cheese w/ reduced fat crackers

usually I add a 10 calorie Vitamin water and a fruit or some raw carrots, and sometimes a Greek yogurt too (Stonyfield makes tiny little containers that are great). Other days I just bring a big yogurt and a big fruit salad as my main meal. I feel like I have lunch A.D.D., so I have to mix it up!

Also, idk if you guys have tried these, but PopChips are reeeeally good. They totally fulfill that salty/crunchy craving, but they're only 4g of fat and they're all natural! Sometimes I'll bring like 1/2 a turkey sandwich, some popchips and a fruit or veggie. It makes for a very satisfying lunch :yes:
    http://www.popchips.com/

9. I have to eat low fat all the time and here are some things I eat that are easy to make.

Baked potato with lowfat sour cream and a tiny bit of smart choice butter
    Chicken breasts grilled on foreman and I add a marinade thats low fat while cooking.
    Turkey chili made with 1% fat ground turkey
    I buy whole turkeys and refrigerate the meat and snack on it for days. I make sandwiches and sometimes just eat it plain with the zero fat gravy in a jar on top of it.
    Hebrew national makes very low fat beef hot dogs and another brand maybe oscar meyer? makes one that says roasted turkey on the package.
    I buy the Ronzoni garden delight spiral noodles and mix it with low fat italian dressing and some veggies for a pasta sald.
    Salads with zero fat feta cheese veggies and a few croutons ( they are low in fat )and lowfat dressing.
    Tomato soup or lentil soup
    I buy earthgrain multigrain thin buns and toast them and add sabra red pepper hummus and veggies
    Tuna made with lowfat mayo
    Healthy choice meals are pretty good and lowfat.

I will have to try those popchips!

10. Chicken breasts (add your fave marinade)
    Lean pork

Really, any lean meat is good. Turkey, Roast Beef, stuff like that. Add low fat/non cal things like dressings or marinades to spice it up.

Spinach, asparagus, green leafy veggies.

Beans, legumes..

It's just about combining low fat, low carb items into meals.