Luggage, what to get for basic travel?

Aug 25, 2006
My husband bought me 2 pieces of LV luggage for Mother's day. A large pegase 65 and a keepall 45. We usually travel for about 3 day trips (not including flying) and I bring multiple outfit and shoes changes, makeup, blowdryer and lots of products. I'm wondering if I need another bag for carryon and just check in the 2 that I have, like maybe an Icare.
What do you all have/bring/advise?
Thansk!:smile:

Isn't the 65 too big to be a carryon? I remember that the 55 is the biggest size. I personally think that the pegase 55 + keepall 45 is enough for a 3 days vac. I even managed to pack for 3 days using only my Keepall 45 :smile:

I really wouldn't advise checking any LV luggage. Checked luggage gets thrown around like no-one's business and sadly, when the baggage handlers see an instantly recognisably expensive suitcase like an LV, they're likely to treat it even more poorly than the others.

The Keepall 45 is within cabin size limits, so I'd just use that as a carry on, personally.

I really wouldn't advise checking any LV luggage. Checked luggage gets thrown around like no-one's business and sadly, when the baggage handlers see an instantly recognisably expensive suitcase like an LV, they're likely to treat it even more poorly than the others.

The Keepall 45 is within cabin size limits, so I'd just use that as a carry on, personally.

ITA. Not to even mention loss or theft.

Some tPF'ers have had LVs taken out of their checked luggage as well.

:nogood: No bueno on checking LV! I did it once (forced to) due to the confusion over carry-ons after all that crap happened years ago. My Pegase survived fine - I was more worried about Royal Copenhagen items inside the suitcase (survived as well)! But I never do it willingly & haven't since.

When I fly, I use my Damier Pegase 60 and/or my Damier NF GM, when I drive I take it all and more!

I'm not super worried about checking the larger piece (the pegase), just worried about the 45 though being smaller and softer and getting beat up. I got the mens graphite damier. So I guess it sounds like I'll have enough space within the 2, so that way I can carry on the 45.:smile:

Oh no no... My LV is carry on only. I have the Keepall 55 & that fits nicely in the overhead. Take it from a former Flight Attendant.. You do NOT want to check any LV.

Keepall 50 is plenty roomy and is the largest size able to be carried on :flowers:

I personally have the Pegase 55 (largest size able to carry on) and it's great for 2-3 day trips. I wouldn't dare check-in my Pegase though.

I think you are definitely good to go with the large Pegase and smaller Keepall! ;)

However, if you want to bring a laptop, the Icare is a fabulous option!

IMO checking in LV luggage is just luring ppl to commit crime. why would u want to do that? hmn, i think is better to be safe, keep them with u , like a hand carry luggage is the best :biggrin: