Luggage tags - I’m curious!

\. Seems backward that a small luggage tag holds its value and has a better ROI than most bags!!!
I think you're vastly overimagining a goldmine opportunity for LV. What you're describing is a short-term and limited collecting/reselling interest in a cheap LV product. There have been mini manias in the LV resale market before, and they didn't seem to make any impact on LV's marketing decisions--and not because they weren't clever enough. The org is pretty sharp.

I do like Fab's notion of simply offering them for sale at a price likely to get buyers.

Last edited:
Reactions: epeLV
I don’t get all the luggage tag hype?
I don’t use or want them on any of my handbags & certainly would not pay $250 for something I won’t use. I wouldn’t put it on my checked luggage either which is the only thing of mine needing a luggage tag. Are you all using yours? Or just like collecting? Just curious.... I get collecting - I’m just not a collector.

Thanks for your replies everyone. Yes I have tried asking whilst buying bags and I have asked very politely haha! I bought a speedy b 25 last month and the favourite mm too so it was during those times. So it wasn’t like I turned up just asking to buy a luggage tag. I suppose my desire was built by seeing lots of pictures on Instagram and of course YouTube videos of luggage tag collection or bag charms etc. I literally wanted one DE and one vachetta so wasn’t asking for a dozen. Anyhow, I was just wondering if there’s a cap on how many someone could order , that is someone with luggage in their purchase history. Surely even if it’s a repair piece they can’t order loads of times? Otherwise someone could acquire it number of times and sell it for like three times the actual value? It’s bizarre. Like someone earlier said, wish we could just buy it.

I don’t use or want them on any of my handbags & certainly would not pay $250 for something I won’t use. I wouldn’t put it on my checked luggage either which is the only thing of mine needing a luggage tag. Are you all using yours? Or just like collecting? Just curious.... I get collecting - I’m just not a collector.

You and me both, it’s not the cost it’s the purpose of them that I don’t get. Maybe people use them as keepsakes from their trips or alternatively to keep their extension cords secured when they’re not in use [emoji848] I’m thinking it’s definitely the latter.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/what-kind-of-extension-cords-do-lv-owners-use.938718/

I prefer luggage tags over bag charms. I don’t collect them- I just have what I need (DE and vachetta) and I use a clip on them so I can easily swap them out among my bags. I would never use them on checked luggage.
LV should sell it, but I at $250 a pop I would pass.

I have two - one vachetta and one DE.I wear them on my NFs. I don’t want to hotstamp the bag but like the way the tags look.

I’m not a collector although I’d definitely buy a Hawaii one; I think it’s pretty and would wear it on my DA NF. I may get one in Japan this summer if that’s easily accomplished and I like the stamp. If it’s not, I don’t really care.

Reactions: MooMooVT and kbell
I prefer luggage tags over bag charms. I don’t collect them- I just have what I need (DE and vachetta) and I use a clip on them so I can easily swap them out among my bags. I would never use them on checked luggage.
LV should sell it, but I at $250 a pop I would pass.

I agree, I don’t like the charms etc too but I like the look of luggage tags on bags, either plain or with simple initial it looks lovely. I wouldn’t buy at $250 each too, they sell for £48 at stores and as a matter of fact I’ve just bought one new from a lady on fb group for £70. But that’s probably the max I’ll go. My wants are simple too, I literally want one DE and one vachetta piece, thats all.

I use luggage tags on my luggage pieces... and then I have a couple that my SA gifted me over the years. People are so obsessed with luggage tags, it's hilarious. If they became actual items for sales, you bet that LV would raise the price significantly to align it with tags, charms, and other offerings in that category. Look at the prices of the luggage tags from the 2018 FIFA World Cup...

Where is this $250 figure coming from? Is this based on Fab's suggestion that LV should charge that amount? They cost like $65-$75 USD last time I bought one directly from LV (can't remember the exact price). Man if these are a hot ticket I should buy a ton and sell them for a profit... :lol:

To the OPs question regarding the quantity, I've seen a couple people with huge collections with colors I didn't know were available, and I assume they have a relationship with an SA.

Reactions: epeLV
Random question. I noticed that people on TPF are using the term "CA" now instead of SA. When did this change in title happen? Is it Customer Associate now?

CA is Client Advisor, which is printed on the CAs business card underneath his or her name. When you call LV, you call Client Services. It is my understanding that CAs and CS are to treat each guest in store or on the phone as a client not a sale.