Luggage tag or bag charm?

gatchie

O.G.
Jul 5, 2009
I want something for my speedies (25 DE, 25 mono, 30 speedy b) and I'm torn between a bag charm and a hotstamped luggage tag. Have any of you bought a luggage tag recently? I can't find the price on the webby to compare... I'm also having a hard time deciding which bag charm to get.

The only thing that turns me off with the luggage tag is that it doesn't sit straight on the speedies. And with a bag charm, it's added weight and possibly noisey.

What would you do?

The accessory will mostly be used on my speedies. Possibly my eva or pochette accessories if I get a bag charm. TIA!

Personally I prefer luggage tag but since you have speedy 25s I'd suggest the smaller sized luggage tag not the big one from the keepall but the size that comes with the deauville. I can't remember how much they are. I think they're around $50 Max for the big one but call 866VUITTON and they can tell you exactly.

Would you get mono or ebene ??? I'm not a fan of mixing vach with ebene in this way or ebene with a mono speedy. So a bag charm would be better suited to 2 different canvas patterns but I prefer the luggage tag. I know that's not helpful lol but I say luggage tag and get the leather that matches the bag you use most. Or get 2 !!! One of each !!!!

hello!! i just bought a luggage tag last month.. for my mono stuff.. a small one was $48.00cdn dollars and it's a perfect way to have something hotstamped with out doing the actual bag!!!:lol: i got the tag that matched my mono bags. the dark tags looked funny to me. but of course that's just my opinion!!!

The luggage tags are cute! Although the purse charms are cute as well. I personally have both, the larger tags for my Neverfulls and the smaller tags for my speedys. Both in Ebene and Vachetta. Sometimes I wear a bag charm and the luggage tag on my bags.

image-222954222.png

Here's a quick picture for you.

Luggage tags are fun and you can buy both vachetta and ebene and still spend way less....another thing is buying the vachetta one for a newer bag so they can patina together...on the flip side there is a new charm that is pretty reasonable compared to the normal gambit of charms...Its an LV initials key ring so you might want to check on that as it's all gold tone so it would match both mono and ebene

I vote for luggage tag. I hope to get one in the next couple of weeks for my new speedy b 35 so they can patina together. I have a 5 yr old Deauville but the tag has dark patina that matches my Deauville. Good luck .!!.

Honestly, I think a luggage tag generally looks much better than a bag charm. I'm not a huge fan of most of the charms, and although some are beautiful, they're all very pricey for what they are. The luggage tags are - given that they're LV and made of leather - very reasonably priced and you can be sure that a vachetta tag will go with all Monogram bags, a chocolate leather tag will go with all Ebene bags, etc. I have two, one stamped with my first initial and one with my first and last initials, and I love them.

Hey everyone :smile: thanks for the replies! I think I'll be checking out the luggage tags and will probably get one in vachetta for my new mono speedy and one in ebene for my speedy and NF :smile: i love the look of them hot stamped and never realised hos reasonable the price point is on them!

hotstamped luggage tag! i just got one to hang on my speedy. i love having a little personal touch. also, i don't mean to offend anyone, i think the bag charms are horrendously overpriced for what they are! they are super cute, but i'd rather put that money towards a bag/SLG or something useful.

I love the new illustrated key chains, which double as bag charms - if you get ones in the same canvas as each bag, they will look like they are part of the bag, which is something I love. I'm planning on getting the Damier Ebene and Azur ones for my bags. Otherwise, go with the luggage tag.