Travel Luggage Recommendations

MintWardrobe

Jan 29, 2014
I was dying for the Jonathan Adler for TUMI collection, but both of his carry-on cases are just a pinch larger than the standard size recommended by most airlines - especially international.

But, this got me thinking. I was just going nuts for the pattern. Did I want to try hard this time around or go with something soft again?

I'd love to hear your preference and any brand recommendations would be fabulous!

I really like the hardcases. I have the Zero Halliburton classic polycarbonate. I do believe these will be too large for carry on. A few years ago I bought all new hardside luggage. All 3 of my pieces are still fine after 8 years of crazy baggage handlers and airports all around the world. Tumi did make a smaller carry-on hardside but I can't find it on the website. So, I guess they discontinued it.

I use Rimowa Salsa Air and Salsa Air Ultralight. They're super light, incredibly maneuverable and very tough. The light weight allows me to pack more clothes and still be under weight limits. I also like the hard sided waterproof material; when wheeling it in a storm, I don't have to worry about my suitcase and clothes getting rained or splashed on.

I really like the hardcases. I have the Zero Halliburton classic polycarbonate. I do believe these will be too large for carry on. A few years ago I bought all new hardside luggage. All 3 of my pieces are still fine after 8 years of crazy baggage handlers and airports all around the world. Tumi did make a smaller carry-on hardside but I can't find it on the website. So, I guess they discontinued it.

Thank you so much for your recommendation - I had never heard of Zero Halliburton. I love the sleek design and the reviews I have read so far are stellar!

I use Rimowa Salsa Air and Salsa Air Ultralight. They're super light, incredibly maneuverable and very tough. The light weight allows me to pack more clothes and still be under weight limits. I also like the hard sided waterproof material; when wheeling it in a storm, I don't have to worry about my suitcase and clothes getting rained or splashed on.

When we started our hunt for luggage my boyfriend was dead set on the Rimowa brand. I thought they seamed expensive, but now I can see that they are worth the investment.

I never thought about rain as a factor - duh me! Also, in that same vain ... it would be so much easier to wipe down all the airport yuck on a hard sided case. Thank you for your recommendation!

Could this be the Tumi international carry on hardside that you are referring to ?:smile:

Here's the link
http://www.tumi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4063099

^Love the pattern on those! We had to replace our old, heavy TravelPro luggage with lighter weight cases. We were always over the weight limit, but those old ones wore like iron.

Recently I saw someone with hardsided luggage with a colorful world map pattern on it. Wish I knew the brand--it was easy to spot on the carousel at baggage claim.

^Love the pattern on those! We had to replace our old, heavy TravelPro luggage with lighter weight cases. We were always over the weight limit, but those old ones wore like iron.

Recently I saw someone with hardsided luggage with a colorful world map pattern on it. Wish I knew the brand--it was easy to spot on the carousel at baggage claim.
Does it look like this?
http://www.amazon.com/Designer-3-piece-Expandable-Hardside-Spinner/dp/B009HXINDW%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAIAA4MWUJXHBYFRNQ%26tag%3Dsquid1697867-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB009HXINDW

the link shows luggage with polka dots. The luggage I saw had the colorful world map pattern that we all saw in school on those pull down large maps. I've looked online and can't find anything like what I saw at the airport (I think it was at Raleigh-Durham airport in North Carolina).

the link shows luggage with polka dots. The luggage I saw had the colorful world map pattern that we all saw in school on those pull down large maps. I've looked online and can't find anything like what I saw at the airport (I think it was at Raleigh-Durham airport in North Carolina).
Sorry . IDK