Luella B. Giselle bags..

1. Exclusive early access to the Fendi.com online sale for TPFers! To access, hit the link above, then navigate to Woman and then SALE to get early access before anyone else!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Does anyone own the Giselle? If so, what do you think of them. I would like to buy one, but there seem to be a lot of fakes out there. Can anyone tell me how to tell the real from fake? Are they really make in turkey?

2. Hmmm ... I hadn't heard that they are made in Turkey.

Anyhow, you might want to check either Neiman Marcus or Saks Fifth Avenue. As this is an older style Luella bag, I recall that both of these stores had tons of them on sale.

I like the style of the bag, but never purchased one as I think they are EXTREMELY heavy (very heavy-weight leather and with all that hardware).

Depending on your frame (petite, medium or large-boned), you might want to consider a small bag. The Giselle also came in a smaller-sized bag.

Good luck!

3. Thanks for the info! (love the pic of the kitty! I have an orange tabby.) The nearest NM is about 6 hours away. I looked online, but didn't see any on sale. :sad: I will keep looking. A lot of the ones on e-bay seem to be NM buyouts, but I just don't know if they are real!

4. I have a baby Gisele in canvas with green stitching and a green leather flap, handles and hearts. I LOVE it! Its very lady-like in its overall shape but fun because of the colors and the hardware. I also think the canvas weighs MUCH less than the all leather. But the baby Gisele is definitely a crook-of-the-arm bag -- not a shoulder bag.

5. As someone mentioned in another thread, there are a couple of Luella Giselles on www.smartbargains.com at great discounts.

I have the Baby Giselle in black leather, and I love it. It can be heavy, so if you can you might try out a similar Luella style (like the Stevie) in a store if you can.

Also, some people say it's hard to get it open and closed. I have mastered doing it with one hand, but if you are worried about that, you might like the Stevie since it has a simpler turn-lock type closure.

Also, I have another Luella, the Anouk, in oxblood corduroy, which does say it's made in Turkey, and I bought it at NM.

6. bobellisshoes.com and bluefly have also had some luella on sale lately