Lucrezia sizes

Sep 3, 2012
i'm really new to givenchy so sorry if this is a silly question. i've been obsessing over the lucrezia and i went to see it in person at nordstrom today. they only had the mini cross body and the medium, which felt a little huge and bulky on me. does a size small exist in between these sizes? i've been looking at various online retailers and i don't see any size "small".
i'd also love any input or pictures from lucrezia owners - does it get softer over time and do you find it to be too bulky? i'm 5'4" and i thought the medium looked a little big on me. TIA!! :smile:

No, I don't think there's a "small" size in between the mini and medium. I'm also 5'4" and I'm comfortable carrying my medium Lucrezia. It's a wide bag but short (about 12"x9"x7"). It is a little bulky but I think it works on me. It does squish in a bit when worn, particularly at the top. Were you able to try it on without all the tissue paper stuffing inside it? That makes a big difference. I find it very comfortable carrying it by the shoulder strap too; its easy to push it back behind your arm and keep it there.... Here are some pics of celebs carrying the medium (Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Garner, January Jones, Rachel Zoe) in case that helps.

Attachments

• Jessica Chastain.jpg
    Jessica Chastain.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 3,054
  • Jennifer Garner.jpg
    Jennifer Garner.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,463
  • january jones.jpg
    january jones.jpg
    731.7 KB · Views: 1,191
  • Rachel Zoe.jpg
    Rachel Zoe.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 1,276
No, I don't think there's a "small" size in between the mini and medium. I'm also 5'4" and I'm comfortable carrying my medium Lucrezia. It's a wide bag but short (about 12"x9"x7"). It is a little bulky but I think it works on me. It does squish in a bit when worn, particularly at the top. Were you able to try it on without all the tissue paper stuffing inside it? That makes a big difference. I find it very comfortable carrying it by the shoulder strap too; its easy to push it back behind your arm and keep it there.... Here are some pics of celebs carrying the medium (Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Garner, January Jones, Rachel Zoe) in case that helps.
Thanks for your input! The bag looks perfect in these pics. Maybe I'm overthinking it, I'm going to go try it on again :smile:

i think the lucrezia's looks look better in a medium.. but then again.. to each his own as so many bag styles are now reproduced not only in small but also in mini styles and they all seem to work...

Barney's website shows a large quilted Lucrezia which is over 14" wide so now I'm a tiny bit confused. Did Givenchy produce a larger version recently? I'm pretty sure the most common size is the medium which I've checked out numerous times - but I'm not 100% sure.

I know they came out with smaller versions or even mini's now and I've seen them but I have no interest.

There is a small Lucrezia.
I had a medium that I loved, but rarely carried because it felt too bulky.
I was more careful with this bag than any other I've ever had, yet I was constantly knocking it into things and people. It ended up very scratched up within one month. The color had rubbed off the corners and off the rib things on the sides. I sent it to back to Barney's for repairs, they offered to cover the cost of repairs and sent it Paris. They contacted me almost two months later to say that there was nothing they could do to replace the rubbed off color. They said I could have it returned and keep it as is, or receive a refund.

I wish I'd bought the bag in a small, but they never made the sky blue in a small so I got the medium. The Lucrezia is a gorgeous bag, though. But I never enjoyed carrying it like I enjoy carrying my Pandoras and my Antigona. Even putting my hand in it was a pain. It was a very inflexible zipper and I swear it scratched my hand up.
And after all this, I look at this small one and am so tempted to buy it because it is SO PRETTY!

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandwar...w?pid=00505032559323&cgid=womens-bags&index=4

There is a small Lucrezia.
I had a medium that I loved, but rarely carried because it felt too bulky.
I was more careful with this bag than any other I've ever had, yet I was constantly knocking it into things and people. It ended up very scratched up within one month. The color had rubbed off the corners and off the rib things on the sides. I sent it to back to Barney's for repairs, they offered to cover the cost of repairs and sent it Paris. They contacted me almost two months later to say that there was nothing they could do to replace the rubbed off color. They said I could have it returned and keep it as is, or receive a refund.

I wish I'd bought the bag in a small, but they never made the sky blue in a small so I got the medium. The Lucrezia is a gorgeous bag, though. But I never enjoyed carrying it like I enjoy carrying my Pandoras and my Antigona. Even putting my hand in it was a pain. It was a very inflexible zipper and I swear it scratched my hand up.
And after all this, I look at this small one and am so tempted to buy it because it is SO PRETTY!

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandwar...w?pid=00505032559323&cgid=womens-bags&index=4

The measurements in the Barneys link for the small are also the same ones as for the mini. I'm very confused on the sizes. I just purchased one online which was represented as small, but the enclosed card refers to it as medium.

Does anyone know the measurements for the mini, small and mediums?

Also, does the Lucrezia have a card or tag that shows a number? The one I purchased only has a little pamphlet /care card in several languages identifying it as medium in calfskin.

agree with amacasa above.. I think the Lucrezia definitely looks better in the medium. I have the medium and i'm 5"1'. It is a bit bulky but I don't think it looks silly on me. I've seen the small being carried by somebody else and I thought it was tiny! i guess it depends on how you want to use the bag? an everyday bag? or just one you wear out?